What's new

If there could be only ONE?!?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Just curious about if the situation arose and you had to narrow down your collection to only 1 razor what would it be and why?

MMOC.

Why;

MMOC/PTFE for its 4th shave.

WK.

Maggard Synthetic.

~100 hours since last shave. I dont think it would matter if it was around 200 hours.

Single buffing pass ATG. One clean up. The MMOC is all business and this was business as usual.

Nice comfy BBS. What more could be asked for.

While it isn't perfect, especially as to build quality and looks, my Rockwell 6S rules when it comes to smoothness, comfort and efficiency.
While it is perfect, specially in smoothness, comfort and efficiency, my Rockwell 6S is great when it comes to build quality and looks. „The ONE“

While it is perfect, specially in smoothness, comfort and efficiency, my Rockwell 6S is great when it comes to build quality and looks. „The ONE“

I agree, but I didn't want to start one of those "You've never tried a $200-$400 razor so how do you know it wouldn't be even better" debates. And tonight, I try the $250 Rex Ambassador. So I'll know a little more.

I mean don’t get me wrong guys I have a few DEs and 4 straights (that I haven’t touched in a year) I just wonder why we collect so much stuff when we always come back to one or two razors

Just one - Then Merkur Futur!! Close competition in no order, Rex ambassador, Fatboy, Rockwell 6S and Merkur Progress

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh, that's easy - the Ever Ready 1914 Little Lather Catcher. Well, unless you count the Schotz slant, or maybe the Krect. But then there's the Gibbs adjustable. Ooh, ooh, maybe I'd pick the Gem Jewel! Hmmm, I used my Durham Dorset today, that's always a fun shave. Can't forget my birth quarter Toggle. I know, I'd go with the chrome (or is it Rhodium?) plated Auto Strop VB2. Or....maybe I'd just grow a beard rather than give up so many fine razors.

Always an interesting theoretical question.

Of everything I own, there are only a few contenders.

The long handle Merkur Progress.
The .84 Game Changer.
Nickel-plated Tech.
Gilette New, long comb.

The only thing holding back the New LC is its lack of plating. I have to keep Brasso-ing the thing. A rhodium or nickel plate would improve its standing considerably.

The Tech is really all most guys need. But it doesn't make my cut.

So, Game Changer or Progress?

That is tough. But I lean to the Progress. Love the heft, handle length, and chrome plating.

The Muhle R41 is the only razor I really need. The others are all just for a little variety. Nothing else shaves quite like an R41.

If I could only keep one, it would be one of these. I would probably have to flip a coin to make the final decision.:)

proxy.php

tough question, I've got one I'd choose for sentimental reasons and one for performance alone. Sentimentally, I'd have to choose my O4 Super 109. This is a family razor and would be very hard to part with. I learned to shave with it. The other is an Aristocrat Junior which I think is probably the finest razor I've ever used.

Although I unsuccessfully check the Wolfman site daily and would like to buy a WRH2, I don’t expect it to happen. My Timeless Titanium 0.68 is the razor I now use daily except when traveling or on rare occasions. Every time I try to load a blade in another razor, the Timeless mysteriously jumps in front and finds the new blade. I’m a daily shaver and change the blades after four shaves so the Timeless has become quite athletic in jumping to the front for the new blade.

Top Bottom