What's new

made too much lather today

so i made a bit too much lather today for my daily shave, i was wondering instead of just pouring the excess lather down the drain could i save it for the next day? Would the lather still work? or should i just toss it out and start with new lather for the next days shave

Save it where?

I've put lather back in the soap mug for Mitchell Wool Fat soap. Keeps the puck damp and MWF loads better if I don't let it dry out.

Save it where?

I've put lather back in the soap mug for Mitchell Wool Fat soap. Keeps the puck damp and MWF loads better if I don't let it dry out.
i meant just leaving it in the scuttle for the next day and rehydrating it if necassary, not sure if that would be a good or bad thing

I don't worry about saving lather. It might be a penny's worth, so it just doesn't make sense to me.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Idea...

Use your leftover shave lather as an aftershave balm!
After your regular shave, rinse the face, then smear leftover lather generously over face.
Let that sit for a few moments, then wipe off, followed by cool washcloth rinse.
You should be left with a nice glycerin film, just like an aftershave balm.
Finish up as is, or add a spritz of aftershave lotion or cologne.

Idea...

After your regular shave, rinse the face, then smear leftover lather generously over face.
Let that sit for a few moments, then wipe off, followed by cool washcloth rinse.
thats a good idea, didnt think of that.

by now I'll wager you've left some soap in your bowl and, if it dried like mine, you've seen it is little but wispy tendrils thinner than hair. Whipping it again surely returns something of its presence... but honestly, it's not the same as a fresh charge off the puck and the pleasure of its fragrance refreshed.
(no insult intended whatsoever for that 'proto-lather' left on the pucks)
((Yet I have found it more useful as preshave when I've loaded my brush, and the puck does still stay well 'humidified'.))
sarimento1 speaks well for his lathers.

Last edited:
I use excess lather to wipe down the sink and the outside on my lather bowl (which I float in the sink, and it gets a scum ring).

Idea...

Definitely this, this has become part of my daily routine while I clean off the gear from the shave. With the skin goodies that lots of these soaps have in them nowadays, I think there's definitely a positive effect.

I saved excess lather from a few shaves in a separate bowl just because I was curious to see if it would re lather the same. After three days the film of soap that I had collected was so thin and insignificant that I didn't even continue the experiment.

Idea...

A la Kevy shaves?

When I start a new MWF or Tabac, they just want to go on and on. Saving leftover lather is last thing on my mind. But I do put back a wallop from brush on MWF because this soap loves to stay moist.

Top Bottom