What's new

Teutonic Show Down

B5F41CC4-35B9-4BAC-B6E5-87164F06BC11.jpeg
3BD706AB-D8AB-445F-9092-37572647A48B.jpeg

HK P2000 SK 9mm
Sig Sauer P365 9mm
Let the games begin.......

Well...after a couple weeks of regular carry and a few hundred rounds of live fire, I can declare a winner in the Teutonic Showdown.
“Winner” however is a very poor choice of words though. Both of these pistols are superb choices for every day carry and defensive use; each has its pros and cons. But...when it gets down to where the cheese binds, the H&K P2000 SK walks away as #1.
Other than a somewhat quirky magazine release (to which I quickly grew accustomed) it is one fine firearm; it has no flaws. The SIG is a fine piece of work as well. Actually this is not much more than a very subjective
comparison/evaluation of the two. Opinions can and shall surely vary. But for me...H&K comes out on top.

Yes...it is a tad larger. As I have big hands, that really isn’t a problem. Actually I installed the large H&K backstrap insert to increase the overall grip size. Works well for me.
As far as carry convenience...again I sing the mantra that a well made holster makes ALL the difference in the world. Pictured here for the H&K is a Ritchie CQ QR. The SIG is shown with an R. Grizzle Georgia Snap 2. Both good choices (if you like OWB leather holsters).

HandK must be one heck of a gun. I have never shot one and I can’t warm up to the look they have. It’s very distinct and they look clunky and have odd angles. Its kinda like the DeLorean of the gun world to me when it comes to appearance. One thing is for sure though, I have never met a HandK owner that didn’t love their gun. Most guys that own them are quite emphatic about how much better they are than anything else!

I’m starting to want one........ Thanks for the comparison!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Well...after a couple weeks of regular carry and a few hundred rounds of live fire, I can declare a winner in the Teutonic Showdown.
“Winner” however is a very poor choice of words though. Both of these pistols are superb choices for every day carry and defensive use; each has its pros and cons. But...when it gets down to where the cheese binds, the H&K P2000 SK walks away as #1.
Other than a somewhat quirky magazine release (to which I quickly grew accustomed) it is one fine firearm; it has no flaws. The SIG is a fine piece of work as well. Actually this is not much more than a very subjective
comparison/evaluation of the two. Opinions can and shall surely vary. But for me...H&K comes out on top.

I figured that'd be the conclusion. That's how I feel about VP9SK compared to my P365. I still love my Sig, and will be carrying it more than my HK during the summer months, but I just have far more confidence in my abilities with my HK.

HandK must be one heck of a gun. I have never shot one and I can’t warm up to the look they have. It’s very distinct and they look clunky and have odd angles. Its kinda like the DeLorean of the gun world to me when it comes to appearance. One thing is for sure though, I have never met a HandK owner that didn’t love their gun. Most guys that own them are quite emphatic about how much better they are than anything else!

I’m starting to want one........ Thanks for the comparison!

I can attest to HK fanboyism. I don't have near the experience with other guns as quite a few members here, but I love my HKs.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
...Actually this is not much more than a very subjective comparison/evaluation of the two. Opinions can and shall surely vary. But for me...H&K comes out on top.
Thanks for sharing those results ... those interchangeable backstraps, and grip panels on more recent HK offerings, are certainly game changers.

...I love my HKs.
Yes, as they used to say Oberndorf: “In einer welt der kompromisse, gibt es noch maenner, die keine machen”.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Ach du lieber Gott - deutsche Schusswaffen, genau gesagt Handfeuerwaffen....mache ich auch mit:
H+K USP 45 Tac
H+K P30
3 Walther PPQ, 4", 5" und Match
Die Sig320 ist in den USA gemacht worden...

Sauerbraten und Maultaschen: Jawohl!!

Top Bottom