What's new

Random: anti persperant, deodorant, or both?

Which one do you use?

• Antiperspirant

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Deodorant

Votes: 28 57.1%
  • Both

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Alum block

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Some “natural of organic” other choice

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
I’m not sure why all of a sudden I am even concerned or thinking about this but...do you use one or the other, or both?

Natural, or with aluminum?

Been looking at Native, Schmidt’s etc, but curious if anything is much better than Mitchum or Dove? I do tend to sweat a decent amount and have always used anti persperant because I just assumed I needed to...

Edit: spelled title wrong, can’t seem to change it.

I voted for "Alum block" although it's a large Lea potassium alum stick (120g) that I use.
upload_2019-3-23_21-26-39.png

Perfect for underarms and all the shaving related uses too. :punk:

Thank you for the heads-up on this magic stick, Doug @Somerled.:thumbsup: It's ten times better than the small Crystal ammonium alum sticks that I've been using for years.

Mitchem Antiperspirant/Deodorant. Best I've ever used. I'm a Medic on a 24hr shift. This stuff works! Won't use anything else.
41RHs+h6brL.jpg

Attachments

• 20190318_130759.jpg
    20190318_130759.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 22
I stopped using deodorant with aluminum in it. I'm using the Arm & Hammer one most often but have tried some of the other natural deodorants. It took a couple weeks to get used to it (not having an antiperspirant) but my body adjusted and doesn't miss it.

I only use deodorant, never anti-perspirant. I don't like the idea of stopping my body from doing something it's meant it do. Not stinking however, I'm all for.

I think this is something that I've become overly conscious of as I got older, BUT, to @Wtd1911 's point, I am away from home 15 plus hrs, and do sweat...so...block it or not, I guess is the question too.

I read a year or two ago of someone using baking soda and water only as a natural deodorant. Skeptical I tried it myself while I was working from home for a stretch during that time.

Well, for me, it was excellent, even on the weekends when I'd do chores that required sweating.

I don't know if it would work for everyone so I'd suggest trying it when one is not required to be in public. I am an office worker so for my needs it works excellently.

So after finishing my stock of deodorant I mixed up a batch of baking soda and water in a spray bottle and have been using it ever since. Works a treat.

Hope that helps someone.

Chris

DF55B1AE-DC0A-4F43-BFB5-E76CBA2405EF.jpeg

This since it came out however many years ago. Before that, the classic Old Spice deodorant in the round cream colored container. I’ve never used an antiperspirant.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I voted for "Alum block" although it's a large Lea potassium alum stick (120g) that I use.
View attachment 965840
Perfect for underarms and all the shaving related uses too. :punk:

Thank you for the heads-up on this magic stick, Doug @Somerled.:thumbsup: It's ten times better than the small Crystal ammonium alum sticks that I've been using for years.
Tell us more
Where do you buy this
Does it go on easily do you wet it?
Odor or antiperspirant?

Tell us more.
Where do you buy this?
From Connaught, link.
Does it go on easily do you wet it?
It goes on very easily. I prefer to use it dry onto damp skin, but wetting the stone and applying it to dry skin works just as well.
Odor or antiperspirant?
Deodorant.
upload_2019-3-25_3-5-57.png

QUOTE (from the back of the label):
Alum Stone fights against the growth of bacteria (body odor), regulating perspiration without obstructing the pores of the skin. Antibacterial. Does not irritate the skin, does not leave marks on clothes. Suitable for sensitive skins.
UNQUOTE

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
From Connaught, link.

It goes on very easily. I prefer to use it dry onto damp skin, but wetting the stone and applying it to dry skin works just as well.

Deodorant.
View attachment 966361
QUOTE (from the back of the label):
Alum Stone fights against the growth of bacteria (body odor), regulating perspiration without obstructing the pores of the skin. Antibacterial. Does not irritate the skin, does not leave marks on clothes. Suitable for sensitive skins.
UNQUOTE
Thanks for the info

Choice 2 is Alum Block...brand doesn't matter, they do the same. I have to apply twice a day and I use cologne when I use the block.

Choice 1 is Native. It is much more expensive but it does the trick. Great scent, great protection...you will sweat but that's what you are supposed to do lol.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I use Anti-Perspirants. They seem to work for my sensitive underarms. I use Nivea or Rexona Sensitive most of the time. I have thought about trying the Alum Block but in summer I think I might be too odious to use a non smelling natural product.

I use either Clubman Supreme deodorant or Speed Stick Original. Both work very well and they pair with my usual aftershaves. They are also both aluminum free and non irritating.

I tried Native, and it just doesn't last for me. I wish it did since it's natural. I had to go back to using Mitchum.

Top Bottom