What's new

For you old schoolers

Opened up the wrong box out of storage and found this antique, pristine, gen-u-wine US Govt property and issued item for your nostalgia. Now I have to figure out what to do with it...

577B339A-A4D4-42BF-A12F-9C182C7A510B.jpeg

Definitely "old school." When I was in Iraq I wore a Black Hawk, because I was one of the "cool kids." My boss wore this type of shoulder holster (but very well worn). According to him, it was his father's worn in Vietnam. It did initially not fit the Beretta until he soaked it in linseed oil (old school) and forced the leather to form to the pistol.

During that period of the Iraqi war, you could wear what you wanted, so everyone expressed their inner self in their holster. No matter where we went, that holster elicited more comments than what kind of alcohol we were going to drink when we got home.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Definitely "old school." When I was in Iraq I wore a Black Hawk, because I was one of the "cool kids." My boss wore this type of shoulder holster (but very well worn). According to him, it was his father's worn in Vietnam. It did initially not fit the Beretta until he soaked it in linseed oil (old school) and forced the leather to form to the pistol.

During that period of the Iraqi war, you could wear what you wanted, so everyone expressed their inner self in their holster. No matter where we went, that holster elicited more comments than what kind of alcohol we were going to drink when we got home.
My Dad also wore that model holster in Iran & Iraq but when he was in the PGC (Persian Gulf Command) after North Africa and Italy.

proxy.php

Ad Astra

The Instigator

Friend of mine that deployed gave me his Bianchi Ranger Viper shoulder holster ... And I find it an odd choice for USAF. I really don't like it, and it's discontinued now.

The classic chest rig up above, now ... pure style!

AA

that thing might be stylish, but I was never a fan. I was slightly more impressed with the ACU horizontal shoulder rig, but that's not a high bar. having to run these under a flight vest and out the armpit hole sucked. it got worse with a chicken plate.

this one's as pristine as it is for a reason.

once they made two piece flight suits I'd tuck the top into the pants (just like in the field when I was on the ground) and run a kydex paddle on my hip.

that thing might be stylish, but I was never a fan. I was slightly more impressed with the ACU horizontal shoulder rig, but that's not a high bar. having to run these under a flight vest and out the armpit hole sucked. it got worse with a chicken plate.

this one's as pristine as it is for a reason.

once they made two piece flight suits I'd tuck the top into the pants (just like in the field when I was on the ground) and run a kydex paddle on my hip.

I hate shoulder holsters UNLESS you're sitting on your "brown bomber" all day in a vehicle or seated in general. They seem to work best for tall lanky men like Dirty Harry best.

Top Bottom