What's new

Razors & Women

Well, since we have a Razors & Cars thread, why not? Hopefully our wives and girlfriends aren't looking over our shoulders. Recently posted this perhaps sophomoric comparison in another thread . . .

And, hey, it goes without saying that the same razor can show up differently for different guys. (A razor can be a guy too if that's how it shows up for you.) If ever there was a domain in which YMMV, this is it!

And now, without further adieu:

My CGL3 SB
CGL3 #1.jpg

French model and actress, Fanny Valett
224273_v9_ba.jpg

Ha! I attended the Victory Club treasure hunters awards at the Goldfield Ghost Town tonight. A Mexican lady with pointy boobs walked up to me and started stroking my face. Oh your face feels so smooth! Unexpected effect of shaving with with a vintage Gillette. She almost poked my eyes out . To top it off Terry Carter was filming the event for his you tube channel. Hope he did not catch that. My wife will poke my eyes out if she sees that.

Last edited:
Not that I don't understand your point, @Your Majesty, but unlike the French actress, I could actually afford the maintenance on that Charcoal Goods razor.
Very good point. We've all made trouble for ourselves chasing women. Razors are so much more predictable and, dare I say, better behaved. :lol:

Not that I don't understand your point, @Your Majesty, but unlike the French actress, I could actually afford the maintenance on that Charcoal Goods razor.

Very good point. We've all made trouble for ourselves chasing women. Razors are so much more predictable and, dare I say, better behaved. :lol:

The two of you sound like you got screwed over by someone before. :D:D

That's the kind of face you want to wake up to in the morning. Sure you don't mind missing out on that one?

The two of you sound like you got screwed over by someone before. :D:D

That's the kind of face you want to wake up to in the morning. Sure you don't mind missing out on that one?
I figured out long ago that trading in brunettes for a newer model every few years would not be not a practical plan, though I have a couple of friends who have pretty much done that. So I end up missing out on all the newer models. Shaving is different. My divorce from the Fusion Proglide was clean and final, and I've never looked back.

I've certainly spent a lot of time chasing beautiful women. Trouble is they weren't great partners (I suppose I wasn't either) and the moment things went bad, I couldn't even find their beauty. I'm twice divorced and have many ex-girlfriends. Looking back, they all meant well. I was just choosing based on shallow criteria and wasn't the best partner myself, always looking for someone better. Took me until my late 40s to finally realize character was the most important quality.

My wife is a beautiful woman but that's not what drew me to her. It was her inner beauty. She didn't have the kind of allure that was like a drug for me and that's been a good thing. We have a wonderful marriage and she actually becomes more beautiful to me as our relationship continues to deepen.

Found out the hard way that all that glitters is not gold. Truth is I wouldn't trade her for Fanny Vallette or anyone else.

I've certainly spent a lot of time chasing beautiful women. Trouble is they weren't great partners (I suppose I wasn't either) and the moment things went bad, I couldn't even find their beauty. I'm twice divorced and have many ex-girlfriends. Looking back, they all meant well. I was just choosing based on shallow criteria and wasn't the best partner myself, always looking for someone better. Took me until my late 40s to finally realize character was the most important quality.

My wife is a beautiful woman but that's not what drew me to her. It was her inner beauty. She didn't have the kind of allure that was like a drug for me and that's been a good thing. We have a wonderful marriage and she actually becomes more beautiful to me as our relationship continues to deepen.

Found out the hard way that all that glitters is not gold. Truth is I wouldn't trade her for Fanny Vallette or anyone else.
Sounds like you have acquired something that is very difficult to get and can be very expensive, often referred to as "maturity". Congratulations on making progress on that long, hard road.

Congratulations to Parallax! Education often is a lifelong activity. Sounds like you might make a good marriage counselor!

If my Maggard V3 loaded with a Personna Blue and was a woman, it would be....

fdecb158bbedd2eed5a53b11b9a87447.jpg

All business, no bs, but watch yourself, she doesn't take any ****.

I'm in too.

An Italian Fatip/Schone razor
The sizzling Manuri Acuri
Manuela Arcuri 01.jpg

My Rocket HD 500
An English Rose Liz Hurley
Elizabeth+hurley.jpg

My NSC
The Timeless Christina Henricks
eafe51f90a695e446e232c75387b04c2.jpg

Attachments

• Elizabeth+hurley.jpg