What's new

If you are looking for a job

Ask these two questions. They will tell you a lot about the company and a lot about the interviewer.

1. What do you wish you could change here?
2. What has surprised you about working here?

There is no right or wrong answer and they won't have a ready response. The answers get beneath the surface and will tell you a lot. It also tells the interviewer a lot about you. Namely that you ask intelligent, thoughtful, and probing questions.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
It’s always important to ask some questions IMO. Any questions. Those are good ones.

Absolutely. I've given tons of interviews to potential new hires, and I have never been asked these questions. The first question would be hard for me to answer. The second question extremely easy.

I have found that expectations are a good topic to bring up. It has helped me. I find what theirs are and am given a chance lay out what my abilities are. As in I don't sign up for more than I can deliver. I remember one interview. I stated a few things that I will not do or prefer not to do. Usually a good way to not get a job. Turns out I was who they were looking for.

Top Bottom