What's new

13+ soaps, how do I spread the love? What to you guys do?

like most of you, I’ve acquired a plethora of soaps and creams, enough to last me years. Some I have are more seasonal than others. For example, Tabac and WK Fougere Santal are colder weather scents.

I also loved doing Tabactober because I really got to use the soap and I didn’t need to pick a soap.

The issue is, I can’t seem to make a dent in any of them. How do you guys handle? Do you PIF or sell soaps you have not used for months? keep them because you know you’ll use them?

Curious what you do?

I usually use one setup for the work week. Mix it up with random things on the weekends. Then a different setup for the next work week. Pif, sell or trade what you don’t like. And throw in an occasional 3017. That’s what I am doing.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
I only have my top 5 got rid of the rest [gave away , pif ,bin]
then I concentrate on 1 most of the time and use the other 4 for a change of pace

I have around 25 in my rotation. It's a totally random choice - mood, what's closest, what I last used and liked, something I haven't used for a while....

They're all hard soaps so I'm hoping they'll keep for a long time. I love variety. Sometimes I add one, like recently added Fitjar x 3, Barbus Classic and Klar Seifen. Sometimes I sell off a few. I seem to stabilise at around 25 soaps. Nothing wrong with that in my book. That's down from 40 so I've sold or PIF'd the bottom of my range, which leaves me with some very good soaps I really enjoy big time. Talking here about soaps like SV, Grooming Dept, WK, Eufros, Boellis, Pannacrema... quality soaps.

I have about 25-30 soaps, been DE shaving for a few years. I just rotate in no
particular order but have accepted that I might never go thru a whole soap.
The closest I am to finishing a soap is my RR Mudder Focker and it still has at
least 15 shaves left

I only ever have 2. Id hate 6o have 20 or 30 and never finish any. I can then buy another 2 soaps without feeling I waste any.

I usually take a quick look through my soaps and decide what sounds good on that particular day. I have ones that I gravitate towards more than others, but I will spot one I have not used in a while and give it a go just to keep it in the rotation. I also lean towards more seasonal soaps during that particular time of the year. Grapefruit/Citrus and menthol in the summer, Darkfall and Nocturne in the fall, etc.

I have so many soaps that it takes me about three months to go through the entire rotation. I group soaps by brand and formula. When I use a soap, it goes to the bottom of the stack for that brand/formula. I try to use a different brand every day, using the top soap in the stack. I do run into a problem, however, as I have multiple scents from some brands and others might be represented by only one. I just work in those "orphan" soaps somewhere in the rotation. I started collecting soaps a back in 2016. I have never finished a single soap unless I did not like the performance and relegated it to use in the shower. I figure I have enough soaps to last me for the rest of my life, but I have two new soaps arriving next week from CBL Premium Soaps, a brand I have never tried.

13 is just a travel kit.

I have a few more, afraid to actually count them.

I just grab whatever sounds good at the moment. Some I haven't used in a year or two, others get used, and replaced, much more frequently.

Load that brush up heavy! If you don't have to give your dominant arm an assist with an available limb to lift your brush away from the soap after loading, you're not using enough soap!

That was only partial sarcasm... use enough soap so that every single pass is as luxurious as the first. Or even load more soap after each pass. It's cheap, you have tons, and freshly made lather after each pass is a real treat. And it'll help you go through it faster, so you can justify another acquisition.

But honestly, you should have enough soap to use a different one for every day of the month. :D Well, IMO, at least. But I did just go through a decade of using only one soap, so I might be a bit over board at this point.

I just go with whatever strikes my fancy on any particular day. Every now and again I sell a bunch of soaps on the BST if they haven't been used in a while. I don't stress out about having "too many" soaps. I enjoy the variety.

I bought 17 soaps this week...

I just got rid of 12 and thought I was doing well:07:

I have another 8-10 to go up on BST to try and even things out a little...still leaves me at about 70 soaps :001_huh:

Load that brush up heavy! If you don't have to give your dominant arm an assist with an available limb to lift your brush away from the soap after loading, you're not using enough soap!

That was only partial sarcasm... use enough soap so that every single pass is as luxurious as the first. Or even load more soap after each pass. It's cheap, you have tons, and freshly made lather after each pass is a real treat. And it'll help you go through it faster, so you can justify another acquisition.

But honestly, you should have enough soap to use a different one for every day of the month. :D Well, IMO, at least. But I did just go through a decade of using only one soap, so I might be a bit over board at this point.

Agree with your loading procedure! I thrash my soaps so I can keep moving on to try new stuff

Top Bottom