What's new

The last tin you finished

Well, not a tin, but in july I mixed up 2 lbs of the mixture I am smoking and just finished the first pound.
Holding off opening another bag until black friday is over and if no sales I will be mixing up approx 2 lbs
and sealing them, and probably start in on some of the fresh batch. Until then going to poke around with what I have opened and try to see if any sales come about.
Almost 4 months on the older stuff so will be nice to get some more age on it.

2013 Christmas Cheer bit the dust last night...

20190312_185825.jpg

So I am both happy and sad for you all at the same time.
I do have two more tins, but this is one of my favorite vintages that ive tried. So, a little sad, although now i get to pop a new tin of something else tasty soon.

So i got that goin' for me...which is nice.

I do have two more tins, but this is one of my favorite vintages that ive tried. So, a little sad, although now i get to pop a new tin of something else tasty soon.

That is a healthy way to look at it. I still have a 2004 tin I haven't opened yet. I probably will pop it open this summer.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose

2013 was a super special vintage for sure!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Have you tried the Pure Virginia yet? I am interested on your take.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member

Do you think that it had do with the blend components, the perfect age, or both?

Do you think that it had do with the blend components, the perfect age, or both?
CC was one of those "single origin" type tins - one leaf, one crop - grown several years prior to the release date. I think it was just a spectacular crop, whatever year the 2013 was harvested. Ive smoked other years - 1997, 2005, 2006, 2012, & 2014. The 1997 was 17 years old when i smoke it, and it was sublime (the 2014 LE christening herf). I obviously havent done any side by side comparisons, but i believe the 2013 was superior to all the others - even with the considerable extra age on the '05 and '06.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
CC was one of those "single origin" type tins - one leaf, one crop - grown several years prior to the release date. I think it was just a spectacular crop, whatever year the 2013 was harvested. Ive smoked other years - 1997, 2005, 2006, 2012, & 2014. The 1997 was 17 years old when i smoke it, and it was sublime (the 2014 LE christening herf). I obviously havent done any side by side comparisons, but i believe the 2013 was superior to all the others - even with the considerable extra age on the '05 and '06.

Thanks. I was just curious. The '13 blend was from an '09 crop. From the tins insert:

"This 2013 blend is made with a special selection of orange flue-cured Virginia from the 2009 crop grown near Rocky Mount, North Carolina."

P.S.
I'm pretty sure that you've tried the '03 blend as well. :001_smile

Hearth & Home Marquee Series Viprati. This is a really nice VaPer. I think it has a strong apricot tin note that follows through in the smoke, although not as intense. The Virginia carries the freight and the perique is more fruity than spicy, but it is not without spice. I have more!

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Today I finished off two tins: Panama Jack Key Lime and Panama Jack Piña Colada.

Top Bottom