What's new

Kidney stone.

I have passed many stones,the largest was 6.5 mm.I saw stars/flashes of light while passing that one.I have been on morphine for one and had to have a fentanyl kicker added to it as the morphine quit working in about 12 minutes.I had lithotripsy done years ago and had 4 stones in my right kidney and 3 in my left kidney busted.Dr left 2 in my right and 3 in my left that were too large to move,more or less were imbedded.After that procedure my right kidney ached 24/7 for years.

I finally did some research on herbs for kidney stones and learned of an herb called chanca piedra(stone breaker).I ordered some and when the capsules arrived I took a dose,figuring that I would have to take it for a few weeks before I noticed anything.I was wrong.In 45 minutes the 24/7 ache in my right kidney went away.I wish I would have ordered the herb years ago.Currently I use a product from alerna labs called kidney cleanse which is a mix of herbs and vitamins.The herb is suppose to slowly dissolve the stones.Last year I passed a stone the size of a black eyed pea with no pain,the stone was pretty smooth and rounded instead of the usual appearance of an aggregate of sand particles.Whenever I stop taking the herb after a few days the right kidney will start hurting again.So the stuff does something.The product is fairly inexpensive and I only take one a day.
Give it a shot.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have passed many stones,the largest was 6.5 mm.I saw stars/flashes of light while passing that one.I have been on morphine for one and had to have a fentanyl kicker added to it as the morphine quit working in about 12 minutes.I had lithotripsy done years ago and had 4 stones in my right kidney and 3 in my left kidney busted.Dr left 2 in my right and 3 in my left that were too large to move,more or less were imbedded.After that procedure my right kidney ached 24/7 for years.

I finally did some research on herbs for kidney stones and learned of an herb called chanca piedra(stone breaker).I ordered some and when the capsules arrived I took a dose,figuring that I would have to take it for a few weeks before I noticed anything.I was wrong.In 45 minutes the 24/7 ache in my right kidney went away.I wish I would have ordered the herb years ago.Currently I use a product from alerna labs called kidney cleanse which is a mix of herbs and vitamins.The herb is suppose to slowly dissolve the stones.Last year I passed a stone the size of a black eyed pea with no pain,the stone was pretty smooth and rounded instead of the usual appearance of an aggregate of sand particles.Whenever I stop taking the herb after a few days the right kidney will start hurting again.So the stuff does something.The product is fairly inexpensive and I only take one a day.
Give it a shot.
God bless you. He works in funny ways. I have been wondering about the prevention of stones and just now read this. Thanks, Dave

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Just for those of you that have never experienced one... This one was about 5 mm. Think grass burr!

Before cell phones had such good cameras.

img_20130401_103330_022.jpg

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I've been known to describe passing a stone to curious people as "try peeing out a golfball with spikes"

Last edited:
Remember seeing my uncle in pain from a kidney stone when I was around 10. I'll continue to drink my 12 glasses of water a day and hope for the best, thank you. Cut out soda a long time ago. Do risks significantly increase over a certain age?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
A few months ago I was at work with the most horrible lower back pain. I was even nauseous. I finally had to make a head call and my urine looked like rust but shortly thereafter my pain was gone.
The next couple of times I went I felt a burning sensation and then all that was over too. Spoke with my doctor the next time I saw her and she said I prolly passed a stone and that I was one of the few lucky ones.
Then I read this.
I am blessed.

FarmerTan

I'm so thankful that I feel good enough to laugh at everyone else's horror stories! I can feel another stone in that same left kidney, and am scheduled to see my urologist at 11am today.

My options are limited as I am on Coumadin, but I'll see what he says. Love this guy. He is as responsible for the existence of my son as I am!

I asked about the genetic thing because I don't think I have ever had one. Being a computer programmer, I drink lots of water. We have town water that comes from a river. I don't recall any relatives having this issue.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I'm so thankful that I feel good enough to laugh at everyone else's horror stories! I can feel another stone in that same left kidney, and am scheduled to see my urologist at 11am today.

My options are limited as I am on Coumadin, but I'll see what he says. Love this guy. He is as responsible for the existence of my son as I am!
Sent a prayer your way

FarmerTan

Sent a prayer your way
Thank you. He listens. I had no blood in my urine, and based on my symptoms, Doc concurs that the stone is more than likely bouncing around in my bladder. More tests ordered. Thanks to you all for your thoughts and commiserations,

Dave

Good luck Dave. And godspeed to the evil rock. May it's shape be regular and exterior smooth.

I've been known to describe passing a stone to curious people as "try peeing out a golfball with spikes"
That's about right. Great exercises in pain tolerance. I haven't made any new ones for a few years after luckily sorting out causation, but probably still know IV options like a sommelier. Felt like Norm in Cheers going to ERs.

Kidney stones most likely have a genetic contribution,both of my parents had them.There are several types of stones,calcium and uric acid are the most common.I also suffer from gout so mine are most likely the uric acid type.I tend to have stone activity in the summers when I am sweating a lot.More sweat-less urine= stones.From my observations anyway.Also the medical community has noted a far higher incidence in the american states of Alabama,Georgia and South Carolina although they could not discern a cause.Diet is probably a great factor.

FarmerTan

Kidney stones most likely have a genetic contribution,both of my parents had them.There are several types of stones,calcium and uric acid are the most common.I also suffer from gout so mine are most likely the uric acid type.I tend to have stone activity in the summers when I am sweating a lot.More sweat-less urine= stones.From my observations anyway.Also the medical community has noted a far higher incidence in the american states of Alabama,Georgia and South Carolina although they could not discern a cause.Diet is probably a great factor.
Excellent post. I just found out today, online, so it must be true, that stones for men are most likely between the ages of 20 to 50.

I'm currently in ER again, waiting for another CT scan. I'm as bloated as a beached whale. I've followed doc's orders about drinking water, but so far I've only put out maybe 10 ounces all day. Was given Toradol about an hour ago and it successfully moved the stone from my kidney to my ureter, at least it feels like it. More blood in my urine now and pain level of 11 out of 10, lol. Gonna name this stone "Spinal Tap" @natenaaron !

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
Excellent post. I just found out today, online, so it must be true, that stones for men are most likely between the ages of 20 to 50.

I'm currently in ER again, waiting for another CT scan. I'm as bloated as a beached whale. I've followed doc's orders about drinking water, but so far I've only put out maybe 10 ounces all day. Was given Toradol about an hour ago and it successfully moved the stone from my kidney to my ureter, at least it feels like it. More blood in my urine now and pain level of 11 out of 10, lol. Gonna name this stone "Spinal Tap" @natenaaron !
Keep in good spirits brother! Sounds like they may have to bust it up. Just be glad they have modern technology. You dont wanna know what I read about how the used to do it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom