What's new

Coticule love... show off your rock

Very nice coticule s guys . I have not shaved with a coticule edge at least six months due to using the Naniwa s and finished edge was 20 k Suehiro. Then last night I went back and re honed one of my straights pure dilucot and I have to say the shave was unique. I forgot how different the edge of a coticule actually feels . There is no hone I have have come across that can produce a feel on the skin that a coticule can if successful .
I had an edge finished on FeOx, real mirror finish which tree tops hair without barely making a sound. But is indeed harsh, especially against the grain. About 10 laps on water with the coticule left the edge unbelivably smooth. Im sold already, even if im not good enough to use the coticule to its fullest potential, i still have a way to get a real nice smooth edge^^

Very nice coticule s guys . I have not shaved with a coticule edge at least six months due to using the Naniwa s and finished edge was 20 k Suehiro. Then last night I went back and re honed one of my straights pure dilucot and I have to say the shave was unique. I forgot how different the edge of a coticule actually feels . There is no hone I have have come across that can produce a feel on the skin that a coticule can if successful .
Welcome to the dark Side Gary. Lol.

Pick up this huge vintage 8x2
DAA8038A-EA27-476F-A33C-279AEFAA69E1.jpeg

My only coticule, I actually really enjoy honing on this. I don’t see myself ever getting anything bigger because coticule edges aren’t sharp enough for my taste. But I do like shaving with them occasionally for the smoothness.
DEBA2E27-B516-492F-9046-7F3121F84D94.jpeg

I have two coticules now.
First one was kindly sent to me by @Seveneighth and the other I got from Ebay.
The one on the right is the one from Ebay, it's a vintage stone that came in a wooden box. Seems to be well stuck in there, not coming out anytime soon without drastic surgery.
2stones.JPG

Bit of a strange wavy pattern on that vintage stone.
Both give great edges.

I'm just learning to use these wonderfull stones and trying very hard not to fall down yet another rabbit hole.

I have two coticules now.
First one was kindly sent to me by @Seveneighth and the other I got from Ebay.
The one on the right is the one from Ebay, it's a vintage stone that came in a wooden box. Seems to be well stuck in there, not coming out anytime soon without drastic surgery.
View attachment 959890
Bit of a strange wavy pattern on that vintage stone.
Both give great edges.

I'm just learning to use these wonderfull stones and trying very hard not to fall down yet another rabbit hole.

I think you may already be quite deep down that particular hole and if you start reading this thread you are surely doomed. It is most corrupting.

Just rough lapped this. It was in horrid shape. Still need to clean up the bits that can get snagged. Beige, with pronounced blue staining/ripples. Neither side is hard, slurry is super pasty off both, like super super pasty. Stones both feel very dry.
20190307_163511.jpg
20190307_163517.jpg
20190307_163523.jpg
20190307_163532.jpg
20190307_163641.jpg
20190307_163658.jpg

My only coticule, I actually really enjoy honing on this. I don’t see myself ever getting anything bigger because coticule edges aren’t sharp enough for my taste. But I do like shaving with them occasionally for the smoothness.
View attachment 959884
Well I lied, I couldn’t pass up the deal Jarod was running and picked up a #7 bout. Much creamier and softer feeling than my little Coti which is hard and has some grit to it. Can anyone shed some info on a possible vein etc.

791683C9-2360-48DE-947F-E3CBE38EE339.jpeg
78031C9A-116F-48A6-99F4-421D1B506EFA.jpeg
E07E27E4-441A-4048-AAAB-C5036A56955F.jpeg

Top Bottom