What's new

Big Leaf Maple burl and Acrylic.

I purchased a blank from a local woodturner (Dave Bell) who has been creating some phenomenal blanks for pens and brushes.
I would like to thank JB1963 ( a member here) who introduced me to Dave as well as sharing his Knot source and his friendship over the last while.

Dave Bell's blanks combine anything from pine cones, shredded money, to spalted and burl woods with acrylic.
Woods are stabilized then cast in acrylic by Dave himself.

I finally had a chance to turn some today,

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

After first use.

proxy.php

Fabulous work Stone and Strop. That brush is gorgeous!!!
Pleasure is all mine my friend!

Last edited:
Worthless wood/hybrid blanks or whatever you like to call them have being getting a lot of facetime lately. Nice job on that, you were able to use a beautiful piece of wood that probably would’ve been thrown away.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It's different. First glance I did not like it then I looked again and I was becoming mesmerized. Not looking again.:302:

Hi stone and strop. It's nice to finally see what you did with the blank material that you acquired from me (Dave Bell) earlier this year. Sorry I've been busy with other projects around the shop and now I see the beautiful work you've done. Awesome work my friend.

I purchased a blank from a local woodturner (Dave Bell) who has been creating some phenomenal blanks for pens and brushes.
I would like to thank JB1963 ( a member here) who introduced me to Dave as well as sharing his Knot source and his friendship over the last while.

Dave Bell's blanks combine anything from pine cones, shredded money, to spalted and burl woods with acrylic.
Woods are stabilized then cast in acrylic by Dave himself.

I finally had a chance to turn some today,

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

After first use.

proxy.php

Top Bottom