What's new

“Typical” window of time that GameChangers drop each month?

Evening ladies and gentlemen,
I’m wondering if anyone has noticed a pattern of when GameChangers drop over at Italian Barber. I’m signed up for the emails but I’ve read those can be unreliable. I also know the wunderbars just dropped in the last couple days. Still trying to learn to how play the waiting game.

I’m wondering if anyone has noticed a pattern of when GameChangers drop over at Italian Barber. I’m signed up for the emails but I’ve read those can be unreliable. I also know the wunderbars just dropped in the last couple days. Still trying to learn to how play the waiting game.

I found that keeping an eye on B&B helps, people here post when available, just follow IB and GC threads. That is how I got mine. I signed up for emails also, never got an update from them.

Honestly the waiting game sucks imo.

When I bought the GC84 there was a lot of pressure to just grab them cos of limited supply.

Had to settle with the radio knob n 0.84 plate cos that was whats available then.

I ended up getting 3 of them as I wanted to give my dad n future bro in law a nice shaving gift.

Having used the GC84 myself I wouldn't have bought the GC84 as it's too aggressive for my tastes.

Lesson learnt is not to buy into the hype and if possible borrow one to try before buying even if its only $55.

There’s no pattern. The most reliable source of drop info I’ve found for IB is through Twitter. I camped it heavily the first months of the .68 GC telesales, waiting for my GC w/ barberpole handle. I’m glad I did; it’s perfect for me and it’s also gone the way of the do-do in production terms.

Honestly the waiting game sucks imo.

When I bought the GC84 there was a lot of pressure to just grab them cos of limited supply.

Had to settle with the radio knob n 0.84 plate cos that was whats available then.

I ended up getting 3 of them as I wanted to give my dad n future bro in law a nice shaving gift.

Having used the GC84 myself I wouldn't have bought the GC84 as it's too aggressive for my tastes.

Lesson learnt is not to buy into the hype and if possible borrow one to try before buying even if its only $55.

I have both the .68 and .84 and initially thought the same. At first the .84 to me wasn’t the greatest daily but I dialed it in.

The .68 I feel is one of the best daily razors you can own next to a pre-war Tech and gives a irritation free BBS every time. It is unfortunate that they have decided to stop making them. Too much talk about it being too mild basically did it in.

It is always much easier to get BBS with an aggressive razor if your technique is lacking. I used to think that a new DE shaver should start with a mild, but now I feel I was wrong. I think now that it is better to learn with an aggressive razor and once your technique is down, you can go to mild, get BBS and your skin will be much better for it.

If you can pick up a .68 here or elsewhere, it is definitely worth it.

I have both the .68 and .84 and initially thought the same. At first the .84 to me wasn’t the greatest daily but I dialed it in.

The .68 I feel is one of the best daily razors you can own next to a pre-war Tech and gives a irritation free BBS every time. It is unfortunate that they have decided to stop making them. Too much talk about it being too mild basically did it in.

It is always much easier to get BBS with an aggressive razor if your technique is lacking. I used to think that a new DE shaver should start with a mild, but now I feel I was wrong. I think now that it is better to learn with an aggressive razor and once your technique is down, you can go to mild, get BBS and your skin will be much better for it.

If you can pick up a .68 here or elsewhere, it is definitely worth it.

Hi THall,

I did try to love my GC84 really. But despite many attempts it falls short of my ET which I find amazingly eazy to use. I'm of the same opinion as Twelvefret in that if you need a really aggressive razor you are either not doing it right of you should just use a straight.

I mean it's called a safety razor for a reason.

Buying a GC68 would be a cop out imo. Once bitten twice shy of the RR hype.

Lots to still consider before I decide what to do as I'm loving my Parat n UK tech so far. Plus I rather get another plate from karve instead of hunting for the elusive GC68.

I just visited the IB site daily until they had the handle head combo I wanted. I too signed up for email notifications on multiple razors. To date I have only recieved one email. I love my .68 and have a .84 on the way. Yes it is a pain but they do make a great stainless razor.

I've had two shaves with my GC .84 so far and both were outstanding. Not only that, but they were both with the same Voshkod blade. I've been sort of "meh" about the Voshkod blades, but for me they work well in the GC.

I hate to be the contrarian, but here I am. I don't doubt others, but I've gotten emails for every product I've signed up for. Here is the one from Wunderbar 3.5 hours after drop:
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 5.53.24 PM.png
Super Knurl:
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 5.56.08 PM.png
Radio Knob:
Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 5.57.27 PM.png

I've also gotten the ones for the .84 baseplate and the GC original when I signed up. Depending on their webserver, they have a limited ability to send out emails. Sometimes ~500 per hour.

I'd check their twitter too, like others said. I don't do twitter myself, but I can just search for RazorockJoe and it pops up. That's how I snagged a baby smooth today, haha. Or you can contact them. I emailed them about a SS hawk and they responded in about 5 minutes.

Never noticed a window. I suggest watching IB's twitter feed. Joe usually announces a few days or sometimes as much as a week out.

Thanks for the help everybody. I’m much better equipped to stalk the .84 baseplate as a result of the advice. Now I just wait... ☺️

I've had two shaves with my GC .84 so far and both were outstanding. Not only that, but they were both with the same Voshkod blade. I've been sort of "meh" about the Voshkod blades, but for me they work well in the GC.

Something similar, I prefer really sharp blades but with a aggressive GC84 an astra is just fine.

I hate to be the contrarian, but here I am. I don't doubt others, but I've gotten emails for every product I've signed up for. Here is the one from Wunderbar 3.5 hours after drop:
View attachment 959922
Super Knurl:
View attachment 959923
Radio Knob:
View attachment 959924

I've also gotten the ones for the .84 baseplate and the GC original when I signed up. Depending on their webserver, they have a limited ability to send out emails. Sometimes ~500 per hour.

I'd check their twitter too, like others said. I don't do twitter myself, but I can just search for RazorockJoe and it pops up. That's how I snagged a baby smooth today, haha. Or you can contact them. I emailed them about a SS hawk and they responded in about 5 minutes.

Lucky you but I haven't gotten a single email. I had to keep checking their site for weeks.

Never noticed a window. I suggest watching IB's twitter feed. Joe usually announces a few days or sometimes as much as a week out.

I just stay on the DE section someone usually post something lol.

Something similar, I prefer really sharp blades but with a aggressive GC84 an astra is just fine.

Lucky you but I haven't gotten a single email. I had to keep checking their site for weeks.

I just stay on the DE section someone usually post something lol.

Hahaha, charmed life, for something at least. I don’t doubt many don’t get the emails. I can’t figure out why I’m lucky. Sign up and hope for the best. I still refuse to rely on the emails on the off chance I don’t get it for the one razor I “can’t” live without. I stalk their site and the twitter when something is close. Like the Wunderbar I caught 20min after drop. It does beg the question, if your notification system is that unreliable, is it really effective?
Their razors aren’t the end all be all, but I’ve gotten great shaves with high quality materials for a good price.

Hahaha, charmed life, for something at least. I don’t doubt many don’t get the emails. I can’t figure out why I’m lucky. Sign up and hope for the best. I still refuse to rely on the emails on the off chance I don’t get it for the one razor I “can’t” live without. I stalk their site and the twitter when something is close. Like the Wunderbar I caught 20min after drop. It does beg the question, if your notification system is that unreliable, is it really effective?
Their razors aren’t the end all be all, but I’ve gotten great shaves with high quality materials for a good price.

Your best shaves are YOUR best shaves whatever you're using lol.

I'm happier with my karve n vintage razors.

I really wish they'll make the 68 again.

I don't know, I think everyone would love my favorite shaver:
Wood.jpg
It dethroned the king:
Rust.jpg

Hahaha, but really I think most razors can give a good shave with enough patience and time. The ones to hold on to are the ones that seem effortless to you. Shaving is unique since we all have different skin types and hair types.

I'll echo your affection for the .68. I found I could get a DFS or even BBS if I got the right angle, never worrying about irritation. I do, however, like the .84 much more.

I don't know, I think everyone would love my favorite shaver:
View attachment 960533
It dethroned the king:
View attachment 960534

Hahaha, but really I think most razors can give a good shave with enough patience and time. The ones to hold on to are the ones that seem effortless to you. Shaving is unique since we all have different skin types and hair types.

I'll echo your affection for the .68. I found I could get a DFS or even BBS if I got the right angle, never worrying about irritation. I do, however, like the .84 much more.

That's the great thing about this hobby so long as it works great for you it's going to be the best razor in the world even if it's a piece of wood rofl!

For those who have slightly more sensitive skin, a mild effective razor that doesn't scrap the skin much or a aggressive razor that you need only a few passes might work is all up to the individual, in in the former category.

Cos I have fuzz that is growing in different directions, I can have an aggressive razor going through those areas more than that twice. I developed bad razor burn cos the razors were too aggressive and I could not get to some places easily.

The areas on the sides of my upper lip and top are the most troublesome. An aggressive razor would lead to a lot of nicks.

I'm thinking of getting an A or AA plate from karveas the B is a tad aggressive for those areas too.

I will receive the GC .84 with Bulldog handle today. Looking forward to seeing how it compares to the .68

Looks like you got your wish. Joe announced a small batch of the .68 coming in 4 weeks. I'd grab one if I didn't have it.

Looks like you got your wish. Joe announced a small batch of the .68 coming in 4 weeks. I'd grab one if I didn't have it.

Lol I was offered a few 68 by great guys here so I might take up their offer.

The unusual thing is some have commented that both e 68 n 84 have the same blade feel which I didn't particularly like but I'm glad the 68 is back in limited amounts lol.

Top Bottom