What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

"Newsies" in a scene where the boys are arising from a night's sleep and getting ready for the day. Most of the boys don't look old enough to shave. The scene occurs about 2:30 in, near the beginning. You can see the whole movie here:
. It was pretty good, but frankly, I like the play better. Now I want to read the book.

The new Netflix series, Umbrella Academy has a scene in episode 7 where one of the siblings, Klaus meets his late step-father in a barber shop. Dad gives him a straight razor shave.

Sherlock! The newest episode has two shaving scenes.

Sherlock is shaved with (I think) a shavette.
Watson shaves himself with canned foam and a cartridge razor (I don't know which one).
I saw that one on Netflix last night.
Series 3 Episode 1 "The Empty Hearse".
Around 11 minutes in for Sherlock, then 31 minutes in for Watson and his Mach3, to shave off his mustache.
proxy.php

The two other items are Boots Botanics Men’s anti-ageing moisturiser, Dove Men+ Care Sensitive+ shave gel.
Also The Real Shaving Co. soothing balm (or possibly shave cream).
proxy.php

proxy.php

A bit of the dialog from that scene:
MARY (smiling): What are you doing?!
JOHN: Having a wash.
MARY (grinning): You’re shaving it off.
JOHN: Well, you hate it.
MARY: Sherlock hates it.
JOHN: Apparently everyone hates it.
(Mary giggles.)
MARY: Are you gonna see him again?
JOHN: No – I’m going to work.
MARY: Oh. And after work, are you gonna see him again?
(Rolling his eyes, John walks back into the bathroom.)
MARY: Cor, I dunno – six months of bristly kisses for me, and then His Nibs turns up ...
JOHN (looking into the mirror while he applies more shaving foam): I don’t shave for Sherlock Holmes.
MARY: Oh! You should put that on a T-shirt!​
[Mrs Hudson didn't like it either. She said it aged him.]

This (and other variations) didn't take long, I bet:
proxy.php

It is rare but was watching Netflix chiefs table episode with Italian chief Dario Cecchini and about 1/2 way in he was wet shaving. Shocking to see this. I would guess the people in Europe partake in WS more then in the states?
My wife commented "he wet shaves like you"

At the end of season 6 episode 7 of House of Cards, Doug goes into the bathroom to dramatically shave his beard. On the sink is a stand with a safety razor and a brush. He grabs a pair of scissors and trims it off. Then picked up the razor with NO soap and starts shaving! I mean c'mon!

houseofcardsrazor.jpg

nice razor, probably the best thing about the last season.:001_cool: Wonder what kind of razor it is.

I enjoy the 3 stooges where Curly shaves ice; even does a hanging hair test after stropping.
Another fave is "Key Largo" with Edward G Robinson getting a straight shave

The movie “Angel Heart” with Robert De Niro and Mickey Rourke. The scene when Harry is snooping around Dr. Fowler’s house - there is a red tip super speed in the medicine cabinet. A cool movie full of great nostalgia from the late 40’s

Some pictures of the above film.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2019-03-11-18h03m19s206.png
    vlcsnap-2019-03-11-18h03m19s206.png
    247 KB · Views: 32
  • vlcsnap-2019-03-11-18h06m45s238.png
    vlcsnap-2019-03-11-18h06m45s238.png
    207 KB · Views: 32
  • vlcsnap-2019-03-11-18h06m49s35.png
    vlcsnap-2019-03-11-18h06m49s35.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 31
It's amazing to me that I could be using the exact same razor (with my khaki set) that the soldier in the picture is using a century ago. And getting a great shave! The history involved in this hobby blows my mind.

The movie “Angel Heart” with Robert De Niro and Mickey Rourke. The scene when Harry is snooping around Dr. Fowler’s house - there is a red tip super speed in the medicine cabinet. A cool movie full of great nostalgia from the late 40’s
Wow -- they went to that extent in the set decoration? I saw the film years ago, and was amazed at how they made the old shopping district of Magazine Street here look like New York ca. 1950s. (Actually they didn't have much to do -- it did look 1950s. Now it's gotten all glossy and touristy.)

Since I don't have the time to read all your posts in here I will say "North By Northwest" starring Cary Grant, and I bet it's already been mentioned here.
I was just a yong boy when I saw this movie the first time with my father and I remember how my father laughed at the shaving scene when Cary Grant was trying to shave with a mini-razor :)

Top Bottom