What's new

Cigar Of The Day (COTD)

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I still have a leak in the wall when the shower is running, but as a perverse form of compensation, I have no hot water, so the shower won't be running much.

Cold water is better than no water. Ice cold showers are good for blood circulation, I think. About five or six years ago I spent about a week heating water in soup pots in the morning in order to bathe because my water heater sprang a leak. It only added about five minutes to my morning routine. My skin felt better as well because I wasn't sitting unnecessarily under hot water.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
After a pipe:

20190305_185409.jpg

Light snow and erratic winds ruined the last third of the smoke.

I still have a leak in the wall when the shower is running, but as a perverse form of compensation, I have no hot water, so the shower won't be running much.
I think that I'd be in one of two mindsets at that point. Option A: Get a ~150 gal oval stock tank and setup a wood fired japanese style tub, or likely Option B: Spend that money on decent whiskey and get warm the "old fashioned" way. I really do hope that you get things sorted out sooner rather than later. Best of luck!

I think that I'd be in one of two mindsets at that point. Option A: Get a ~150 gal oval stock tank and setup a wood fired japanese style tub, or likely Option B: Spend that money on decent whiskey and get warm the "old fashioned" way. I really do hope that you get things sorted out sooner rather than later. Best of luck!
That might get you a good 25 year old Balvenie! I like to "old fashioned way" better.

@Kilroy6644 I hope you get hot water soon. I think I can smell you from Germany! :)

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
That might get you a good 25 year old Balvenie! I like to "old fashioned way" better.

@Kilroy6644 I hope you get hot water soon. I think I can smell you from Germany! :)
Must be my aftershave. Lol. I've been going to my friend's house for laundry and showers. Until my hot water is fixed, I'll continue to use her shower, or deal with cold water in a pinch. I have a large tub, so I have room to get out of the stream and lather up, then jump back in to rinse. But right now I'm just happy to be be able to do dishes and laundry, and flush the toilet without a bucket.

Kilroy6644

NICE! A well engineered solution!
Turns out, it wouldn't work. When the shower was running, there was a leak in the wall. Tolerable for the length of a shower, but who wants a leak? So today I looked at it, and it looked like the leak was coming from the joint where the shower arm threads into the pipe. Turns out the shower arm was plastic, and after my initial attempt to fix it didn't work, and I tried to tighten it up some more, it snapped off. So the candle would have melted it.

Turns out, it wouldn't work. When the shower was running, there was a leak in the wall. Tolerable for the length of a shower, but who wants a leak? So today I looked at it, and it looked like the leak was coming from the joint where the shower arm threads into the pipe. Turns out the shower arm was plastic, and after my initial attempt to fix it didn't work, and I tried to tighten it up some more, it snapped off. So the candle would have melted it.
LOL. When it rains, it pours, huh? Now that you know what the problem is, it can be fixed! All it takes is pulling out the wall, removing the pipe and installing a new one. Oh and replacing the wall.

And the spackle.

And the tile.

And the grout.

And the sealer. Easy Peasy! :)

Kilroy6644

LOL. When it rains, it pours, huh? Now that you know what the problem is, it can be fixed! All it takes is pulling out the wall, removing the pipe and installing a new one. Oh and replacing the wall.

And the spackle.

And the tile.

And the grout.

And the sealer. Easy Peasy! :)
Hopefully I won't have to go through all that. I still think replacing the shower arm should do it. Even if it doesn't, it's easier to go in from the back side. I won't have to redo the shower wall.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Gents, just wanted to let you know that Smartmouth mouthwash has shown the ability to kill pipe and tobacco breath for myself and a friend. Good enough to pass a wifey kiss test immediately after rinsing. When I wake in morning I can taste a faint cigar taste, but nothing like I do without the mouthwash.

Gents, just wanted to let you know that Smartmouth mouthwash has shown the ability to kill pipe and tobacco breath for myself and a friend. Good enough to pass a wifey kiss test immediately after rinsing. When I wake in morning I can taste a faint cigar taste, but nothing like I do without the mouthwash.

PM me a link!

Top Bottom