What's new

Sixty8 Working Man Razor

Has anyone tried or heard anything about the Sixty8 Working Man safety razor? I’m from the Chicago area and it is made here in Chicago. It looks really nice but I can not find any reviews on it and at $175 I’m skeptical about pulling the trigger on this razor.

The Working Man Safety Razor

Other than the handle and a slight variation of the SB, the cap and configuration of the baseplate look just like my Fendrihan Mark II. This costs a lot more than the Fendrihan stainless version and from the picture, I like the Mark II Handle much better.

If you read the description it's a Merkur Razor head. I guess the 175 price tag gets you a bamboo style handle and a wood box.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
That's a lot of dough for what you're actually getting in my opinion. Nice box but do you really need that?

I've got a $15 knurled stainless handle that looks great with probably much better grip.

That's a lot of dough for what you're actually getting in my opinion. Nice box but do you really need that?

I've got a $15 knurled stainless handle that looks great with probably much better grip.

No it’s probsbly not worth it. Just thought it was an interesting package. The fact that there is so little info about it besides their website also does it no favors for me.

09556AD2-14BC-4A87-8010-E2E4225D8EEA.jpeg
Something about the story they have seems a little over the top, even going to far as to shout out who made the insert for the box and why....feels like someone’s either trying too hard to sell a handle, or they’re justifying their existence or something. Maybe the collaborators demanded the exposure who knows.

And to what @nemo said above, you can get aftermarket stainless handled from several prominent sites for little more than $20 shipped that either look identical to that one (if that’s your taste) or with more aggressive texturing. See the attached picture of the RR bamboo (albeit out of stock at the moment)

Giving that whole spiel for a simple 316L stainless handle that they are just screwing onto a Merkur head and charging $175.....

That doesn’t pass the straight face test for me. YMMV of course.

View attachment 955809 Something about the story they have seems a little over the top, even going to far as to shout out who made the insert for the box and why....feels like someone’s either trying too hard to sell a handle, or they’re justifying their existence or something. Maybe the collaborators demanded the exposure who knows.

And to what @nemo said above, you can get aftermarket stainless handled from several prominent sites for little more than $20 shipped that either look identical to that one (if that’s your taste) or with more aggressive texturing. See the attached picture of the RR bamboo (albeit out of stock at the moment)

Giving that whole spiel for a simple 316L stainless handle that they are just screwing onto a Merkur head and charging $175.....

Yeah it’d be much cheaper to just piece together my own.

View attachment 955809 Something about the story they have seems a little over the top, even going to far as to shout out who made the insert for the box and why....feels like someone’s either trying too hard to sell a handle, or they’re justifying their existence or something. Maybe the collaborators demanded the exposure who knows.

I was going to say “Hey, at least someone found out where all of RR’s bamboo handles went!” They’ve been out forever :001_tt2:

I was going to say “Hey, at least someone found out where all of RR’s bamboo handles went!” They’ve been out forever :001_tt2:
For real!

I recently placed an order with ItalianBarber for the radio knob handle only which showed in stock on the site. What I received was the super knurled handle....not what I wanted. The owner said “oh yeah we we’re out of what you ordered and sent the super knurled instead”. I was not please. After a bunch of dialog he went and robbed the radio knob handle off a complete razor and sent it off and told me to keep the super knurled as a gift.

Who knows when they will stock up again

Has anyone tried or heard anything about the Sixty8 Working Man safety razor? I’m from the Chicago area and it is made here in Chicago. It looks really nice but I can not find any reviews on it and at $175 I’m skeptical about pulling the trigger on this razor.

The Working Man Safety Razor
They call a $175 razor a "working man's razor" in Chicago? I thought they only did that in Kalifornia.

Top Bottom