What's new

titanium safety razor

I had the Timeless stainless with .68 Solid bar and .95 OC, I sold them and bought the Titanium .68 and .95 solid bar.
The Titanium has taken me a while to get used to because I feel I must add add a little pressure to the razor to shave, The weight on the stainless was sufficient on it's own for me. I have always liked Titanium as a material because of the look and feel. I don't think it shaves better, just different because of the weight.

It says right in the description they decided to name the "collection" titanium!! That is a dead give away they aren't titanium at all and to even have to question it beyond that is...well... Let's just say that they are SS according to the description but if one needs to ask multiple times here and then finally throws out all it will take is a message to WCS, then why not just send a message and not waste everyones time here!!
Not sure if I'm picking up some hostility or not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I was looking at the razor heads which don't say what material. Didn't see the stainless Description.

Not sure if I'm picking up some hostility or not, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I was looking at the razor heads which don't say what material. Didn't see the stainless Description.
No hostility here but from what you had posted previously you seemed to question the answers that were coming back that in fact were true, razor nor handles are in fact not titanium, and after questioning them you said all it would take is a message to WCS to find out and I was just wondering why you didn't just send a message to WCS instead of posted that you could was all... Both razor and handle as pointed out previously are stainless steel. Its noted in all the descriptions on their site...

Personally I've no need for titanium since I prefer heavier razors. There are plenty of stainless handles that I avoid because they lack heft. For me, the ideal handle is at least 3.75 inches long and at least 80 grams. 4 inches and 100 grams is fine. Beyond that, they get a bit clunky for me. But I've no need to cut the weight in half.

As to marketing, I'm just waiting for someone to offer uranium as a joke to see if anyone goes for it. Would be great if Brian or James put one up on his website and priced it at $1,000. Wouldn't want names; wouldn't want to embarrass anyone. I just have an inkling that since, in our culture, more equals better, we'd see some real interest. Heck, James could post a dog**** razor on his site and people would be all over it!

R

romsitsa

As to marketing, I'm just waiting for someone to offer uranium as a joke to see if anyone goes for it.

Dlc titanium as options are running out. Maybe some fancy metal forged from a metorite.

Adam

No hostility here but from what you had posted previously you seemed to question the answers that were coming back that in fact were true, razor nor handles are in fact not titanium, and after questioning them you said all it would take is a message to WCS to find out and I was just wondering why you didn't just send a message to WCS instead of posted that you could was all... Both razor and handle as pointed out previously are stainless steel. Its noted in all the descriptions on their site...
I see.

Well, as I stated before I hadn't looked at any of the products that actually states “stainless” so I wasn’t up on that part. My apologies. I also wasn’t questing what someone said as much as just asking “is that fact or opinion?”

As to the rest, I was merely just conversing with my fellow forum members, certainly didn’t mean to “waste” anyone’s time that was being put to such good use as....surfing the web and talking on a forum....sorry if you got that impression.

I see.

Well, as I stated before I hadn't looked at any of the products that actually states “stainless” so I wasn’t up on that part. My apologies. I also wasn’t questing what someone said as much as just asking “is that fact or opinion?”

As to the rest, I was merely just conversing with my fellow forum members, certainly didn’t mean to “waste” anyone’s time that was being put to such good use as....surfing the web and talking on a forum....sorry if you got that impression.
FWIW, I thought it was a question worth asking. I'm sure you're not the only one who had that question.

I had the Timeless stainless with .68 Solid bar and .95 OC, I sold them and bought the Titanium .68 and .95 solid bar.
The Titanium has taken me a while to get used to because I feel I must add add a little pressure to the razor to shave, The weight on the stainless was sufficient on it's own for me. I have always liked Titanium as a material because of the look and feel. I don't think it shaves better, just different because of the weight.

This is my take as well-- Ti needs a little added pressure where the SS doesn't.

Top Bottom