What's new

For the people who blaming that I don't have knowledge and create a lot of threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
We have a few old, sour, Crab apples.
And I'm at the head of the line, lol.

But.... My lively hood depended on giving good haircuts and being nice to morons so they'd come back for another one, for ever.

Then I became a nurse, and had to be nice to people that had killed other human beings so that they would take their meds and not kill me.

Now I'm disabled and miss working more than I believed possible.

So, as of today, my new job is to tell rude folks to stop being rude. I will try not to be rude in the process, as I love B and B and don't want to be banned.

But boy, how messed up do you have to be to get your drawers in a wad for someone not using the multiple quote option or being excited about a razor?

And I'm at the head of the line, lol.

But.... My lively hood depended on giving good haircuts and being nice to morons so they'd come back for another one, for ever.

Then I became a nurse, and had to be nice to people that had killed other human beings so that they would take their meds and not kill me.

Now I'm disabled and miss working more than I believed possible.

So, as of today, my new job is to tell rude folks to stop being rude. I will try not to be rude in the process, as I love B and B and don't want to be banned.

But boy, how messed up do you have to be to get your drawers in a wad for someone not using the multiple quote option or being excited about a razor?

I've read your fine informative posts. You are not at the head of the line. Thank you for your service to those with mental disorders/disease. Thank you for making folks look as well as they can.

We are a discussion forum. If we told everyone to just read, it would be a very quite and boring place.

Indeed. So the guy creates threads? And I get to read about his new passion for vintage American razors?

I like reading that kind of stuff. And the perspective of foreigners. Especially educated ones [how many languages do you speak?].

I try to use the “search first, ask questions later” philosophy. Most information can be found using the search function. A reddit sub forum I used to frequent had a daily “Simple Questions Thread” and that helped the front page from being nothing but “Simple Questions” that had been asked and answered time and time again.

It doesn’t bother me at all how others choose to use the forum but I understand how it could frustrate other members.

FarmerTan

Indeed. So the guy creates threads? And I get to read about his new passion for vintage American razors?

I like reading that kind of stuff. And the perspective of foreigners. Especially educated ones [how many languages do you speak?].
Ha, ya got me there. I'm still working on English.

FarmerTan

I try to use the “search first, ask questions later” philosophy. Most information can be found using the search function. A reddit sub forum I used to frequent had a daily “Simple Questions Thread” and that helped the front page from being nothing but “Simple Questions” that had been asked and answered time and time again.

It doesn’t bother me at all how others choose to use the forum but I understand how it could frustrate other members.
Again, God invented Xanax for those other members.

And yes, I like my new self appointed job!

FarmerTan

I've read your fine informative posts. You are not at the head of the line. Thank you for your service to those with mental disorders/disease. Thank you for making folks look as well as they can.
Thank you so much for the kind words.

But I sincerely doubt I've ever posted a fine informative post.

And I'm kinda sorry, a little bit, for blowing off steam. Can you believe I've never had my but whupped for standing up for others?

Had several whuppings for drinking whiskey back in the day.

And I'm kinda sorry, a little bit, for blowing off steam. Can you believe I've never had my but whupped for standing up for others?

Being an advocate for others is the highest calling.

FarmerTan

And those whiskey induced educations I got were so well learned I quit drinking!

Feel free to make posts and ask questions.
Your photo looks like a similar situation to our supermarkets here in NZ. Online shopping is the main place to buy wet shaving gear. The amount of product available here in NZ is slowly getting better.

Have you looked for any Thailand based online shops?
I found this one. No idea on if the prices are any good though.
Safety Razors - Siam Wet Shave - Thailand's Finest Wet Shaving Supplies

I looked at their website and used a Thai to dollar conversion.

I think they clock in at around $89 for a Merkur Progress.

And I'm assuming that is before sales tax or whatever. Yeah...that's a bit high, but I'm thinking of this like an American. The world caters to the American consumer. We have it pretty good.

But I will say the Merkur Progress and 34C are vintage razors. They've been around for several decades. They just happen to be old vintage razors that are still in production.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Good to know you are willing to buy them yourself and that you have access to eBay.

There are two razors I would recommend. The Gillette Super Speed and the Schick Krona.

Krona.MdC.BigScrubby.Kit.640.6-21-18.JPG

Krona.640.6-18-18.JPG 8-23-18 640.Krona.Dance.BigScrubbyJPG.JPG

A good Schick Krona (good looking is usually all it takes; see the photos of mine above) is a wonderfully good shaving tool. I bought mine on eBay for $10 including shipping and it was in almost mint condition.

It is a truly excellent and very often overlooked safety razor. Here are a selection currently on eBay (not auction), link; I don't know anything about the vendor, but the Krona's are available.

Happy shaves,

Jim

View attachment 955624

View attachment 955626 View attachment 955627

A good Schick Krona (good looking is usually all it takes; see the photos of mine above) is a wonderfully good shaving tool. I bought mine on eBay for $10 including shipping and it was in almost mint condition.

It is a truly excellent and very often overlooked safety razor. Here are a selection currently on eBay (not auction), link; I don't know anything about the vendor, but the Krona's are available.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Wow, Jim. Did not realize you were a Krona Man. :)

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Wow, Jim. Did not realize you were a Krona Man. :)

What's a Krona? Just kidding.

I have everything.

proxy.php

My wife is Queen of Everything. I'm the Prince of Leftovers. I hope to be King one day but am not holding my breath.

Some gentlemen have razors I've never heard of, but I have a few - DEs, SEs, injectors, AC platform - not that I use 'em.

Seems all I shave with is the straights. That could change, but will it?

Happy shaves,

Jim

FarmerTan

What's a Krona? Just kidding.

I have everything.

proxy.php

My wife is Queen of Everything. I'm the Prince of Leftovers. I hope to be King one day but am not holding my breath.

Some gentlemen have razors I've never heard of, but I have a few - DEs, SEs, injectors, AC platform - not that I use 'em.

Seems all I shave with is the straights. That could change, but will it?

Happy shaves,

Jim
You know the Double Edged razors will get you back again...

Personally, I have no issue with people asking lots of questions. I'd rather you read the current posts in the forum, just to educate yourself ,and if you happen to have a question then ask away. In my opinion it's better than digging up and resurrecting some zombie thread that has a ton of references to outdated products and items that aren't preferred anymore.

I'm kinda in the middle as to should persons always ask the question, or should the person first explore previous threads for useful info? I can appreciate both sides of the issue.

However, I'm not a fan of the too common question that is frequently asked, what are your favorite 5 razors? That question is so worn out and the answer is so subjective. Besides that, my favorite five today is not my favorite five of say 6 months ago, nor will it be my favorite five 6 months in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom