What's new

Are you a vegan wet-shaver? What are your vegan products?

I'm just going to keep posting this in some attempt to get this thread back on topic and actually helpful to @Fabi -

PAA, WCS, Maggard, and Italian barber/razorock all offer high quality, wonderfully performing, non-animal based soaps (check ingredients as some maggard and IB/RR soaps have tallow and/or lanolin). The entire core proraso line up are veg and affordable. It may sound funny but that new Gillette pure tube cream found in big box stores is veg, affordable, and surprisingly great.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Veganism is a segment of today's neopagan religion that is generally manifested as Environmentalism. Like any other religion it dictates most of the aspects of your life, what you eat, what your values and morals are, what you shave with... I have no qualms with an environmentalist, just like I don't with a muslim who asks where he can find halal food, or a jew wanting kosher, or a hinduist avoiding cow fat in his cosmetics. Each to their own worldview.
Hey Vlad, You forgot a Hollander wanting pork. :spockflam

There is no way around that cruel fact of natural selection. Just ask a Neanderthal.
I've heard that we of European descent have Neanderthal DNA. So, they quite literally are a part of our Descendant Now Ancestors in us alive and well. Don't be dissing Neanderthals and their ability to survive and adapt. I've heard Neanderthal babes were pretty hot back in the day. :taz:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I'm just going to keep posting this in some attempt to get this thread back on topic and actually helpful to @Fabi -

PAA, WCS, Maggard, and Italian barber/razorock all offer high quality, wonderfully performing, non-animal based soaps (check ingredients as some maggard and IB/RR soaps have tallow and/or lanolin). The entire core proraso line up are veg and affordable. It may sound funny but that new Gillette pure tube cream found in big box stores is veg, affordable, and surprisingly great.
:thumbsup: There are so many good vegetable based soaps now. I find the best of them beat out tallow for me. They just feel cleaner. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Wickhams 1912? It's advertised as a vegetal soap. It's awesome and right up there with SV.

P.S. I love everything Proraso!

:thumbsup: There are so many good vegetable based soaps now. I find the best of them beat out tallow for me. They just feel cleaner. I'm surprised no one has mentioned Wickhams 1912? It's advertised as a vegetal soap. It's awesome and right up there with SV.

P.S. I love everything Proraso!

Wickhams 1912? Not familiar and it may be awhile considering I just dropped $200 on a new heavy duty drum throne lol.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

Good luck with that....

Raven Koenes

My precious!
FWIW... the original thread title was:

'Are you a vegan wet-shaver? What are your cruelty-free products?'
:laugh:

upload_2019-1-11_11-0-32.png

My point was that NOTHING we consume is cruelty free. Totally on topic based on the original thread title.

My point was that NOTHING we consume is cruelty free. Totally on topic based on the original thread title.
Well, I totally agree that NOTHING we consume is cruelty free. However, while the OP follows the rules described in the Terms Of Usage, I must admit I had some hesitation posting in this thread due to, what I consider, the inflammatory statement at the beginning of the drivel.
Regardless, I believe the OP received the help needed and that is now satisfied having several ideas for the pursuit of finding "cruelty free" shaving products.
Was the OP on topic? In my opinion, hell no. The OP was here to discuss the newly discovered consciousness:
Dear members,
recently my consciousness has converted my lifestyle to follow vegan ethics...

...Do you know any good vegan shaving products?
Thanks for sharing!
You are welcome.

FarmerTan

Drivel isn't inflammatory?

This thread has become inflammatory.

And I will pile on: I chop the heads off chickens and eat them.

Some call that cruel, but until they are slaughtered they spend their days in the sun looking for food. Kinda like me.

FarmerTan

It is the unfortunately the truth, that our farming system involves cruelty.
I created this thread to gather information on plant-based shaving products, that are also free of animal testing. There is no intention in the title to upset non-vegans, nor do I want to launch a debate to justify veganism.
Well said. That's why we raise our own chickens. I know what they eat, and their food is as organic as possible. If I keep this up I'll probably live long enough to die in a rest home.

Top Bottom