What's new

DIY Shave Brush

So this is my first attempt at turning a shaving brush. A little bit about myself for reference. I am a custom woodworker on my days off from the fire department, so I do have experience woodworking and own many specialty tools and finishes. My passion is recreating timeless wooden handtools, however I also make just about whatever is commissioned. I have many custom woodwork projects in the books, but I am still very new to wood turning. I had some scraps of cherry lying around so I thought I would give the shave brush a shot. I am aware that cherry may not be the ideal wood for this project, but it is what I had on hand and it will work just fine for my first attempt.
20190221_181750.jpg

Last edited:
The finish for the handle is not complete yet. I still have a few more coats to do over the next few days. Drying times...

Very nice looking handles!

There is a sub-forum of this forum where you'll see a lot of brushes being made.

So this is my first attempt at turning a shaving brush. A little bit about myself for reference. I am a custom woodworker on my days off from the fire department, so I do have experience woodworking and own many specialty tools and finishes. My passion is recreating timeless wooden handtools, however I also make just about whatever is commissioned. I have many custom woodwork projects in the books, but I am still very new to wood turning. I had some scraps of cherry lying around so I thought I would give the shave brush a shot. I am aware that cherry may not be the ideal wood for this project, but it is what I had on hand and it will work just fine for my first attempt. View attachment 955345
This looks beautiful ! Awesome work :)

Top Bottom