What's new

Straight Razors You Have Been Wanting To Find??

I now have acquired 12 to 14 straights. Some are NOS others just excellent condition. Japanese, Sheffield, Swedish, Spanish and German. What are you looking for that has been hard to find. Or would complete your collection.

a grim reaper would finish my dubl duck collection, but they are rare and pricey when they do show up!

I don’t know if it exists except in what can be done by GD mod or by custom, but I think a nice, beefy, old steel French point with a barber notch would be excellent.

The MK 33 has alluded me for only the past 3 years. I barely missed one on another shaving forum about a year ago, and haven't seen another since. After waiting a year and a half for a custom Tim Zowada, there hasn't been a particular razor that I'm lusting for as I have far more than I can ever use on any regular basis.

The MK 33 has alluded me for only the past 3 years. I barely missed one on another shaving forum about a year ago, and haven't seen another since. After waiting a year and a half for a custom Tim Zowada, there hasn't been a particular razor that I'm lusting for as I have far more than I can ever use on any regular basis.
I've excluded a Tim Zowada razor from my list, but I'll always admire them, especially yours.
I want the damn 8/8 Dorko with Orange scales that's been on ebay for years. Too pricey though.
I've seen it too and I've come to the very same conclusion.

I want the damn 8/8 Dorko with Orange scales that's been on ebay for years. Too pricey though.
Who needs plastic scales.
I just found a 8/8 Dorko blade from a New Old Stock. It was not cheap, but cheap comparatively. Now I just need to get around to rescaling it. I have some nice black horn scales waiting for it.

Who needs plastic scales.
I just found a 8/8 Dorko blade from a New Old Stock. It was not cheap, but cheap comparatively. Now I just need to get around to rescaling it. I have some nice black horn scales waiting for it.

My Fili addiction would say me.
proxy.php

:o16::o16::o16::o16::o16::o16::o16::o16::o16::o16::o16:

I'm going to go cry into my calidad now...and promptly dry it so it doesn't rust.
b108cc8196b55485dabf900983a5caac-jpg.868059

I think you're at the limit of what can be reasonably rotated with 12-14. I right around there myself and struggle to get to them all.

I think you're at the limit of what can be reasonably rotated with 12-14. I right around there myself and struggle to get to them all.
It is best to kept that number in check.
It gets ridiculous when a rotation takes a full year. Yet, it is hard to see something beautiful (like your Calidad) and not want one.

It gets ridiculous when a rotation takes a full year. Yet, it is hard to see something beautiful (like your Calidad) and not want one.
For sure. I'm in the purge stage right now. I'm sure I'll buy a couple more to commemorate things (e.g. kid(s)).

I'm at 12 currently, 11 more than I felt I would have... or.... ahem, need. :D :D :D
I carefully selected my purchases and honestly like every single one of them, though some favorites are emerging slowly.

While I don't feel strong desire to buy more razors right now, I would at some point like to try one of Japanese razors, since that's what's missing from my collection. I've been looking around a bit, keeping my eyes open for that "like new" looking Tanifuji, but so far without success. I don't really know what other Japanese blades I should be checking to be honest, I just liked the look of few Tanifuji ones I saw around here.

I'm at 12 currently, 11 more than I felt I would have... or.... ahem, need. :D :D :D
I carefully selected my purchases and honestly like every single one of them, though some favorites are emerging slowly.

While I don't feel strong desire to buy more razors right now, I would at some point like to try one of Japanese razors, since that's what's missing from my collection. I've been looking around a bit, keeping my eyes open for that "like new" looking Tanifuji, but so far without success. I don't really know what other Japanese blades I should be checking to be honest, I just liked the look of few Tanifuji ones I saw around here.
Oh ow.....thats a very very deep hole my friend as there are some beautiful and really rare japanese iron out there. Start with a really nice KAMA, Hoshi, Tani etc.....see just a few more for japanese week. :jump:

The ones i desire are at the extreme of what i concider affordability but im patient enough to wait till a nice used one comes around.

:euro:Wow nice razors. I still think I need more. But I don’t collect I use.:out:
Who wouldn't subscribe to that opinion? Then again if you've got more than ten razors you'll sooner or later realise that you're actually an addict.
You're correct.
If I'm not totally wrong Marc you have at least as many razors as I do.

Top Bottom