What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

American Products, Inc., Cincinnati, Ohio, HANDMADE
Probably the most thinly ground blade I own.
IMG_20190221_075227890.jpg

I've always felt (no scientific data to back it up) that jumping from one razor (or a soap/DE blade) to another every day takes away from getting to really know what works the best. I still do this from time to time and have no issues but I was thinking that changing them daily, if you have a very large collection, it'd take you a very long time to get fully familiar with new razor.

I don't have any hard rule, but often will use same razor several days in a row, this way I not only get familiar with it, but am aware of edge needing a refresh. Could be just that I'm lacking years of experience some of you have with straights, time will tell.
I pretty much know within 2 swipes weither its a "liker", a "special one", or a "road razor"....i can even sometimes pick up a razor at a store, flea market etc and say aye or naye.....

Soaps ill agree with you....ill give it a week before i make up my mind.

I pretty much know within 2 swipes weither its a "liker", a "special one", or a "road razor"....i can even sometimes pick up a razor at a store, flea market etc and say aye or naye.....

Soaps ill agree with you....ill give it a week before i make up my mind.
Road razor has that anything to do with road kill?;)

Top Bottom