What's new

Rockwell adjustment plates??

I was on the Rockwell site recently thinking about another plate. The plates are not listed on the site anymore - what gives?

Go down to what's in the box. This is what the site says:

Includes: 1 knurled handle, 1 1/3 Plate, 1 2/4 Plate, 1 5/6 Plate and 1 cap. There are three plates that cover six settings.

Go down to what's in the box. This is what the site says:

Includes: 1 knurled handle, 1 1/3 Plate, 1 2/4 Plate, 1 5/6 Plate and 1 cap. There are three plates that cover six settings.
I think he’s talking about picking up plates separately (which it seems like should be an option that Rockwell offers, like if someone starts with the 2C and wants to add the additional plates later).

I think he’s talking about picking up plates separately (which it seems like should be an option that Rockwell offers, like if someone starts with the 2C and wants to add the additional plates later).
You get all of the blades so there is nothing to add to it. I don't recall them ever offering spare blades.

I have a 2C Rockwell - it only comes with a 1-3 plate. When I bought the razor a couple of months ago they did indeed offer spare plates to purchase. My mistake of not buying a 2-4 plate too.

I saw them available on the site as well. It might be worth shooting them an email, they might still be available and just not advertised on the site.

You get all of the blades so there is nothing to add to it. I don't recall them ever offering spare blades.
I was saying plates, not blades (assuming you mean razor blades?).
I read the OP's posts as looking for the different plates separately, which I think would be a good think for Rockwell to offer if they don't. Someone could by a 6C/S and lose a plate that they need to replace, or they could buy a 2C which only comes with one plate and decide later that they want all 3. So it would be nice to be able to buy the plate(s) you want separately without having to buy a whole new 6C/S.

I bought the 2C and then purchased the 2/4 and 5/6 plates separately about a month later. You certainly used to be able to do that.

Hey, thanks for the info guys its very appreciated!
I must have been looking in the wrong place on their site, I see them now.

They definitely used to sell the plates separately since they even have a blog post about, sadly the link is a dead end.
-Bill

They definitely used to sell the plates separately since they even have a blog post about, sadly the link is a dead end.
-Bill
How is it a dead end? It seems to work.
Capture.JPG

I don't know what plate you were looking for but I was rocking mine happily on 6 for a year or so. Wasn't in the market for another razor but found myself with with one of the newer Fatips almost by accident and I've never looked back.

So I guess what I'm saying is that for the same money as a different plate you could get an open-comb razor which is still made of good, solid metal.

Top Bottom