What's new

Whats cooking in 2019?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
@davent, thanks for the notes! I'll keep all that in mind when I get around to making it. Chances are that it will be the #1 son and I will enjoy it, but Mrs. TL and the younger son have been coming around lately.

Those pizzas and that chowdah look magnifico!!!!
Now I want clam chowder. But it's 4:43AM and, alas I have no chowder simmering.

(Applies palm firmly to forehead)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Those pizzas and that chowdah look magnifico!!!!
Now I want clam chowder. But it's 4:43AM and, alas I have no chowder simmering.

(Applies palm firmly to forehead)
Now that I know how easy it is to make, it will become a staple.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
C'mon man.. We're practically begging for the recipe. Hook us up dog how'd you do it ?
Real easy:

1 medium white onion
2 celery stalks
2 or 3 Russet potates (depending on size)
Four 6 oz cans of chopped clams in liquid
2 Bay leaves
1 can of corn
2 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of heavy cream

Chop up onions and celery to your size liking. Put some butter in a pan and cook until they soften a bit- chop up the potatoes while your waiting. Drain clams and save the juice. When the onions and celery are softened, add the chicken stock, bay leaves, potatoes, heavy cream, corn, clams, and clam juice. Bring to low simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste. Once the potatoes soften up (about 20 minutes in my case), add clams and corn, and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.

This is all pretty general. I ended up adding a little more stock because it thickened a bit more than I liked. Also, near the end, I chunked a half stick of butter in. It gave it a real rich taste. Since I know that this works, the next time I will go with fresh corn and clams.

A little Valentine’s Day duck

BCB93C79-FB96-4BDA-A832-2BEDDAA06516.jpeg A5C0328B-0451-423E-8422-F2D4CDC21706.jpeg

Real easy:

1 medium white onion
2 celery stalks
2 Bay leaves
1 can of corn
2 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of heavy cream

Chop up onions and celery to your size liking. Put some butter in a pan and cook until they soften a bit- chop up the potatoes while your waiting. Drain clams and save the juice. When the onions and celery are softened, add the chicken stock, bay leaves, potatoes, heavy cream, corn, clams, and clam juice. Bring to low simmer. Add salt and pepper to taste. Once the potatoes soften up (about 20 minutes in my case), add clams and corn, and simmer for another 5-10 minutes.

This is all pretty general. I ended up adding a little more stock because it thickened a bit more than I liked. Also, near the end, I chunked a half stick of butter in. It gave it a real rich taste. Since I know that this works, the next time I will go with fresh corn and clams.
You da man. Will try this once corn is in season - very soon. Thanks

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Real easy:

1 medium white onion
2 celery stalks
2 Bay leaves
1 can of corn
2 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of heavy cream

There's nothing like a good, simple, rich soup like that. If I had seen this a couple hours ago, it might have been today's lunch!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I am going to try butternut squash.
We love it. The skin takes a bit of manhandling to remove. I use a large sharp chef's knife. I like to pick ones that have a longer neck because that's where all the flesh resides. Make your first cut separating the neck from the bulb, then skin it with your knife. Cut orange flesh into 3/4" squares, place into bowl, add a few table spoons of olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Give it a good toss to coat and everything, place squares on cookie sheet and spread them out, put in to pre-heated 400 degree oven for about 20 minutes.

I know you’re going the bacon route, but I love butternut this way.

Cut it in half length wise and scoop out the seeds. The put butter and brown sugar in the hole. Bake at 350 until soft. Then shred flesh with a fork and mix in butter and sugar mixture.

Top Bottom