What's new

Good soaps that get no attention

Oz is fantastic, and unbelievably underrated. I have his Oil Can and Tornadic sets, and they are both at the top of my all time faves.

Two of my favorites are sudsy soapery non-tallow and the col conk natural (I have the Rio Grande lavender/cedar). The SS is nothing short of brilliant, and the col conk far exceeded my expectations. The col conk natural balm is also a real winner, though I've never seen anything mentioned about the conk natural line at all.

TABAC!!! It hardly ever gets mentioned round here.
Just kidding :001_tt2:

I'd say Shannon's Soaps are the most underrated in the business, period. Been around since 2011 and her tallow formula is top tier. Here is a lather shot of just how heavy wet, yogurty, dense, silky, & slick this lather is:
View attachment 954117

That is some fine looking lather. Exactly how I make mine up. A lot of guys would say that it's too wet, as they prefer stuff that looks like whipped cream. Not here... wet looking yogurt all the way. Makes me want to shave your hand. ;)

Two honourable mentions

1. Australian Private Reserve
2. Phoenix and Beau

Both make outstanding soaps that get little mention, unfortunately.

Local Gent made excellent performing soaps. My wife loves their Lime St scent. She was bummed when they closed their doors.

Now guys, you know that if you start touting your under-the-radar soaps they're going to get popular and hard to get!

proxy.php

Good call, Bob! I just ran across a couple tubs of this soap I had stuffed in a drawer with about 20 other soaps. This is good stuff, but it just kind of got lost in the shuffle of mad shaving soap purchases a couple of years ago. I'm trying to go back through some soaps, so I think Route 66 Casablanca(scent no longer available-shame- it's great scent) shaving soap is on deck tonight after I get home from work. Thanks, @Bobcat!

I think they are closed now but Reef Point soaps in my opinion did not get as much attention. They are very good soaps and the Submariner scent I have from them is excellent. It reminds me of Pre de Provence 63.

Wow... they aren't making soaps anymore?

Good thread, kudos to OP. I picked several brands making tallow and contacted them regarding shipping estimate. Preparing for next year shopping.
Lakewood and Shannon's are particularly interesting. Any thoughts on their scents?

Top Bottom