What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" February 18th - February 24th, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you on the Proraso red as well, I love the smell and the performance and the feel. I don't use it as much as I should, then again I try to make sure I can stretch it for the year so I use it a little more sparingly.

I can't wait to try the green!

I love the looks of that Fatip! I've seen the Extro' Comesi Pitata, but I have yet to try it! Am I right to assume that it is an Italian soft soap? How would you describe the scent?
Hello Luecke, yes that Fatip is awesome in its structure, and when you use it gentler than the "piccolo", the basic version, which is known for being rather aggressive. It's perhaps my favourite DE razor.

Speaking of Extrò Pirata, it's not a soft soap. Like almost every soap of this brand, they are rather hard, though very very easy to whip. Despite of the name, its scent is delicate, just a little bit alcoholic, but it reminds mainly of an old barber shop. I love its red colour.

I'm with you on the Proraso red as well, I love the smell and the performance and the feel. I don't use it as much as I should, then again I try to make sure I can stretch it for the year so I use it a little more sparingly.

I can't wait to try the green!
Green Proraso is certainly a good product, it's worth to own, but imho it's not as "particular" as the red. In Italy green line is a very commercial product, you can find it anywhere; while red it's considered much more valued.

20 February 2019

Symmetrical Pottery Bowl ~ Blackland Vector + Feather Super Pro ~ Billy's Blades Brush
GD Preshave ~ Eufros - Kasbah ~ GD Postshave Serum ~ Eufros - Kasbah Balm ~ Chanel Antaeus

Eufros Kasbah.jpg

2019-02-20

Ikea bowl ¤ Semogue 2030B ¤ ABdB + Gillette Platinum
ABdB Príncipe Real cream, Aftershave & EDT

proxy.php

Green Proraso is certainly a good product, it's worth to own, but imho it's not as "particular" as the red. In Italy green line is a very commercial product, you can find it anywhere; while red it's considered much more valued.
Really, that's quite interesting! I'm glad I own it then!

Hello Luecke, yes that Fatip is awesome in its structure, and when you use it gentler than the "piccolo", the basic version, which is known for being rather aggressive. It's perhaps my favourite DE razor.

Speaking of Extrò Pirata, it's not a soft soap. Like almost every soap of this brand, they are rather hard, though very very easy to whip. Despite of the name, its scent is delicate, just a little bit alcoholic, but it reminds mainly of an old barber shop. I love its red colour.
I'm impressed, a hard Italian shaving soap! Anything with a barber shop scent is right up my alley. I've written down the name so I can do experiments in the future, thanks.

Matt

proxy.php

Paradigm :: Rudy Vey :: Barrister & Mann
My first B&M purchase in quite a while. Scent out of the tub is terrific. Looking forward to this shave

2/20/19

Timeless Titanium
Astra SP x5
Semogue 830
Arko
Thayers WH

4711 is wonderful complement to the Arko. Clean and lemon.
20190220_115429.jpg

I'm impressed, a hard Italian shaving soap! Anything with a barber shop scent is right up my alley. I've written down the name so I can do experiments in the future, thanks.

Matt
You are welcome, Matt. Other fantastic couples (soap+aftershave) by Extrò, that I must admit I prefer to Pirata, are Bay Rum, Tabacco and Bergamotto di Calabria. This manufacturer is based in Turin (north-western Italy), where there is a shop too.

Speaking of red Proraso, pre-shave creams and soaps (either in tube or in bowl) are pretty easy to buy in toiletries shops; the aftershave lotion not always. On FB Italian groups I joined, there are often people complaining they are not able to find it.

You are welcome, Matt. Other fantastic couples (soap+aftershave) by Extrò, that I must admit I prefer to Pirata, are Bay Rum, Tabacco and Bergamotto di Calabria. This manufacturer is based in Turin (north-western Italy), where there is a shop too.

Speaking of red Proraso, pre-shave creams and soaps (either in tube or in bowl) are pretty easy to buy in toiletries shops; the aftershave lotion not always. On FB Italian groups I joined, there are often people complaining they are not able to find it.
Thanks so much for the suggestions! The Tabacco and Bergmotto di Calabria sound awesome!

I have yet to buy the Proraso Red aftershave lotion, but I'm sure it is divine! I own one of the big barber bottles of the green and I think its at less than half a bottle by now(I need to reorder)........

February 20, 2019
Razor : Fatip Grande Gentile
Brush : Omega
Blade : Derby extra
Shaving soap : Tabac original
Alum : De Vergulde Hand
Aftershave : Brut

Brut was like meeting an old and good friend after not seeing him for years.
The Derby blade has had it's last shave today, used it for 6 shaves.

2/20/19
Green Mountain Soap Company Spiced Rum
Matthew Marting Silver Tip
Schick Eversharp Injector Razor
Ted Pella Injector Razor Blade (3)
RazoRock Alum Stick
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Art of Shaving Kingsman-Bourbon Balm
Art of Shaving Coriander & Cardamom
SOTD2-20-19.jpg

^impressive combo!!

SOTD, Wednesday, February 20th, 2019

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
The Art of Shaving rose shave cream from tub
Merkur badger brush + safety razor + Souplex blade
Cool washcloth rinse
AOS rose aftershave balm

This AOS rose stuff are certainly the nicest rose shave items I've tried!
Too bad they are extinct!

proxy.php

LAST NIGHT'S SHAVE.
PAA Alt-11 soap and splash.
ALT INNSBRUCK COLOGNE.
RazoRock Amici Synthetic.
WILKINSON SWORD DE, Israeli personna blade. I am fairly new to this scent, and I friggin love it!

Peace, Jamie

SOTD for 20 Feb 2019
PreShave: Crown
Brush: Omega Boar
Razor: Above The Tie Windsor Copper
Blade: Feather (not pictured)
Soap: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Proraso Alum Block (not pictured)
Toner: Thayers Original
Bowl: Shavebowl (not pictured)
SOTD 20 Feb 2019.jpg

Last edited:
Thursday SOTD

Razor: Rockwell Gunmetal Model-T
Blade: Super Iridium (D5)
Brush: Muhle V2 Synthetic Travel Brush
Bowl: Collapsible Travel 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Soap: Al's Sapone da Barba
Aftershave: Irisch Moos

Last of the shaves on the road as trip ends a day earlier than expected. Again no photo while I am on the road.

SOTD 20.02.2019
Prep-Hot water and Nivea men Pure Impact shower gel
Balea men synthetic brush
Cyril Salter Sublime Citrus
QShave adjustable Futur clone
Voskhod (2)
Floid Mentolado Vigoroso
Nivea Energy Aftershave balm

Today was a shave in a hurry somewhat. Needed to look good fast. No bowl lather. Had to face lather today which felt somewhat weird but turned out ok. No time for a long drawn out fancy shave so I settled for a semi fancy one. Turned out pretty well for a "depeche mode" shave (no reference to the band, though they are my favorites, but to what the words mean in French). Thought initially to use the Futur again with the Shark Super Chrome but this is not a blade to use when you're in a hurry. Even on a low setting it can demand blood.
No pictures today. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom