What's new

Blade choice gillette red tip

A very subjective question and I have alot of differant types of blades but what would be the best blade for a heavy growth coarse beard.
Any recommendations

I have some in my stash will give them a try, I haven't used the red tip yet so first use will be tomorrow. My usual com inaction is a gillette rocket HD with a Bic Chrome Platinum or gillette Silver Blue

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Red tips and other Super Speeds work well with most good blades, although I like to use Astras or Polsilvers.
Try what you usually like to use and let us know how it goes for you.

I have a coarse beard with sensitive skin, especially on my neck. I bought myself a Red Tip 2 months ago and been getting good results with a Gillette Nacet.

Last edited:
Brother UK,

A new durable blade. But only you can decided which brand works for you, your face, and your technique.

Personally I'd start with a Feather blade, but then my experience with blades is pretty much the same with all brands. This morning I shaved my coarse old whiskers with a CVS drug store brand of blade and got a very good and comfortable shave. Go figure.

I put any blade in my UK Red Tip SS and get a great shave.

pol silver, 7oclock green, persona blue, astra, platinum, silver blue.

bit undecided on the black 7 o clocks yet.....to me the entire blade looks a little flimsy and thinner than usual

Red tips and other Super Speeds work well with most good blades, although I like to use Astras or Polsilvers.
Try what you usually like to use and let us know how it goes for you.
I've used an Astra for some time now in my Red Tip. Good choice.

A very subjective question and I have alot of differant types of blades but what would be the best blade for a heavy growth coarse beard.
Any recommendations
From my experience with my super speed I really like feathers/GSB/or even astra blades might be a good choice. Especially if you want that close shave. Where I have no problem with irritation with those combinations. The blade is personal preference.

I tend to pair my Red Tip with Lab Blues or Derby Premium, but pretty much any good blade works with this razor.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I tried the blacks and they were a bit rough I feel so I'm gonna go a bit smoother, maybe try Nacets next

Top Bottom