What's new

Does anyone know how to remove the cap from The Art of Shaving aftershave balm bottle?

$40 will get you a whole set at a discount store. Ross, TJ Maxx, Burlington. I can only find unscented when I look though. They don't have it often though.
We have a TJ Maxx so I may stop and look. Thanks for the idea.

Hmm? Apparently I need to shop around for it because I have never seen it for less than $40 with the exception of a sale here and there. I am leary when I see it for 1/2 price; I’m wondering if it might be watered down. I’m just paranoid I guess.

not to fret over this kind of item. if watered down, the seal would be obviously broken; da bay has policies that protect buyers in case goods not as described. you might ask vendor to be sure goods are not decade old.

I'm pretty mechanically inclined and have several tools that I could use to remove the top.
Even then, I wouldn't think that even at $40 it would be worth the time and risk to remove the cap to get out the very last remaining product.

I understand if you have a full bottle with a broken cap and can't get any out but to get a couple shaves worth doesn't seem worth the effort.

This being said I have encountered a full cologne bottle with a faulty sprayer. Here's what I did. I removed the very top cap than contained the sprayer. This exposed the plastic pump tube that the cap attached to. I then took a something like a small scratch owl or phillips screwdriver and with a hammer I tapped with the hammer and pushed the plastic pump inside the bottle. So now the pump is inside the bottle with the liquid and there's a larger opening where it once was located. I then tipped the bottle and poured the liquid into another container. This way I didn't have to remove the metal flange.

My bottle looks like is about 1/4 of the product remaining. I can live not getting the last drop but I don’t want to leave a fourth behind.

The spray is acting like it isn’t picking up much product, shaking the bottle helps some. When I get down further I may sacrifice this bottle to see how far down the draw tube goes.

My bottle looks like is about 1/4 of the product remaining. I can live not getting the last drop but I don’t want to leave a fourth behind.

The spray is acting like it isn’t picking up much product, shaking the bottle helps some. When I get down further I may sacrifice this bottle to see how far down the draw tube goes.

Ok, worth doing then. Try to push the pump inside of the bottle and pour the contents into another empty bottle. I like the colored IGo plastic travel bottles that you can get at Walmart for a buck. Just be careful to not break the glass and cut yourself.

Ok, worth doing then. Try to push the pump inside of the bottle and pour the contents into another empty bottle. I like the colored IGo plastic travel bottles that you can get at Walmart for a buck. Just be careful to not break the glass and cut yourself.
Thanks and, yes, no cutting. :)

Could just be gummed up. Invert it into hot water so the pump soaks to warm it for a while. Then pump it with more rapid force than you normally would.

Could just be gummed up. Invert it into hot water so the pump soaks to warm it for a while. Then pump it with more rapid force than you normally would.
Yes, worth a try. Just scraping off dried product at the sprayer orifice seems to be less effective than before. Thanks.

Top Bottom