What's new

A nearly preventable tragity

Dear reader, I am writing this to warn you all of the dangers that need to be addressed immediately so that this might be avoided in your life. Yesterday, my young nephew was visiting, he is autistic and doesn't have a fear response that would save him like other small children of his age.

It is with a shaking hand I am here to recount what nearly took his innocent soul from this earth. I do no keep my shaving den cabinets locked and I unintentionally left the door to it ajar while he was wandering around. All of a sudden I heard a noise that stopped my heart! My poor young nephew, who could barely cry for help, had stumbled upon my draw where I keep my Arko and Veg and he had blocked the door with the drawer to boot!

We pleaded with him for what seemed like an eternity to close the drawer, but being autistic he doesn't respond like other children and we were on the verge of calling 911 when he suddenly closed the draw and stumbled out. In a panic I looked and he had uncovered the Arko but thankfully he didn't get the lid off the Veg!

Due to blind dumb luck he just needed to be treated and released but we have all learned a valuable lesson.

Happy Monday all! ;)

On a more serious note, I tried Akro again and remembered how well it shaved but still a bit drying and still not a fan of the scent. I think if I had to do it all over again I would never had bought anything but Arko and Proraso if I was just doing it to save money, like I started to.

Definitely a great soap but a good balm is definitely needed in the winter.

Dear reader, I am writing this to warn you all of the dangers that need to be addressed immediately so that this might be avoided in your life. Yesterday, my young nephew was visiting, he is autistic and doesn't have a fear response that would save him like other small children of his age.

It is with a shaking hand I am here to recount what nearly took his innocent soul from this earth. I do no keep my shaving den cabinets locked and I unintentionally left the door to it ajar while he was wandering around. All of a sudden I heard a noise that stopped my heart! My poor young nephew, who could barely cry for help, had stumbled upon my draw where I keep my Arko and Veg and he had blocked the door with the drawer to boot!

We pleaded with him for what seemed like an eternity to close the drawer, but being autistic he doesn't respond like other children and we were on the verge of calling 911 when he suddenly closed the draw and stumbled out. In a panic I looked and he had uncovered the Arko but thankfully he didn't get the lid off the Veg!

Due to blind dumb luck he just needed to be treated and released but we have all learned a valuable lesson.

Happy Monday all! ;)
It may require an EPA permit for proper disposal, worth looking into for peace of mind.

If introduced to the Veg in the right amount, he may have started speaking in tongues. It's from god for sure! Everyone should wear it proudly at least once... Poor kid, he didn't know how close to greatness he was!

The Arko.............. You decontaminated him afterward, right?

On a heavier note.... We have a 16 month old in our home, my little boy! He is a ton of fun and a big ol' mess of get into everything! I have taken to locking everything up just in case.... Before he was stumbling around the house, I had razors here and soap there. Now, I am extra cautious about safety to the point that there isn't a razor that isn't in a locked container. My greatest fear would be that he got a hold of a razor and hurt himself really bad before we even knew...... I'm so glad he didn't get hurt or worse! Thanks for the reminder....

If introduced to the Veg in the right amount, he may have started speaking in tongues. It's from god for sure! Everyone should wear it proudly at least once... Poor kid, he didn't know how close to greatness he was!

On a heavier note.... We have a 16 month old in our home, my little boy! He is a ton of fun and a big ol' mess of get into everything! I have taken to locking everything up just in case.... Before he was stumbling around the house, I had razors here and soap there. Now, I am extra cautious about safety to the point that there isn't a razor that isn't in a locked container. My greatest fear would be that he got a hold of a razor and hurt himself really bad before we even knew...... I'm so glad he didn't get hurt or worse! Thanks for the reminder....
God, yes. My nephew visits and I have to run round the house collecting razors, in case they injure him, and hones in case he injures them.
I also noticed, for the first time, how tempting those blueberry bubble gum jars of barbicide look.

When my nephews visited with my sister. I left all my equipment out for them to play with. My niece, the youngest, thought my handlebar 'stache was great! She had just gotten her Masters in Statistics.

On a brighter note it could have been truly bad had he stumbled upon a container of Wholly Kow King of Oud, that stench would kill a goat.

I keep a 1/2 stick of Arco sealed in an empty ToBS cream tub, hidden away and wrapped with a crucifix so it can't escape. Years ago I tossed a full stick of Arko under my shed to get a groundhog to leave. No confirmation it worked, but he was gone when I sealed up the entrance with chicken wire.

Worse than Arko was when I took off work when my young daughter was sick in the 80's. She and I were watching TV and I dozed off. Big mistake. When I woke up, I found her in our bathroom, slathered head to toe in Vaseline. It took me hours to get her cleaned. I would have preferred Arko.

Fortunately, I keep the blades locked up better than my shaving den!

On a brighter note it could have been truly bad had he stumbled upon a container of Wholly Kow King of Oud, that stench would kill a goat.

I don't have that one, just the Man from Mayfair but he didn't seem to mind the GD Absinth and Leather, which is horribly strong.

Top Bottom