What's new

John, Rob, and Mike's pipe dream range name

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Okay, let's look at expenses for start-up. I've owned a business for over a decade and been around some bigger companies.

Land
Environmental Impact studies
Range construction
Company Insurance
Permits and Licenses
Buildings
Range upkeep
Empoyee payroll and training
State, Local, and Federal business taxes
Property tax
Office equipment and supplies
Accountant fees
Signage
Advertising
Lawyer fees

I'm sure I'm missing something.

Then you have to decide on a company name. I like the ones floated so far.

Misfire Ranch
Blunder Ranch
Tango Downsouth
The Hokahey Corral

Hey John...what do you think about Satisfaction Range?

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
If we're really dreaming, might as well include both indoor and outdoor shooting ranges.
For the indoor range, you would need special air handling systems.
Automated target systems for both indoor and outdoor ranges.
Lead reclamation service fees.
Commercial reloading equipment for ammo sold for range use only?
FFL?
With all of the above, plus hosting big name guest trainers / events, "Satisfaction Range" certainly could work.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Is this the one that's a combination of bar/restaurant, bunny ranch and shooting range?

Because, um, a friend wants to invest in it.

AA :ladysman: :a17::a41:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Is this the one that's a combination of bar/restaurant, bunny ranch and shooting range?

Now we're talking! And smokers lounge as well..now that's satisfaction!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.

That really sounds good. Since I'd have to travel so far and be gone overnight I'd really look forward to a pet friendly site with overnight facilities.

I have been to Front Sight in Pahrump, Nevada, USA. It appears that I must have missed the bar and the bunny ranch. Not much of a restaurant either. Helluva range though and world class instruction. I guess I was off firing full autos when they told us about the bunny ranch. At my age, I was probably in the right place. :)
I have a diamond membership at Front Sight. This may require another visit.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
With all of the above, plus hosting big name guest trainers / events, "Satisfaction Range" certainly could work.

I wonder if the old classic guys have any children, grandchildren that dabble in exhibitions or instructing. Like Ed McGivern, Elmer Keith, Ad Topperwein, Herb Parsons, Bill Jordan, Dan Combs, Jelly Bryce and such. I believe Bart Skelton, Skeeter's son, retired from LE not too long ago.

I'm sure people such as Brian Enos, Rob Leatham, Jerry Miculek, etc. would charge a pretty hefty fee for an appearance.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
If we're really dreaming, might as well include both indoor and outdoor shooting ranges.
For the indoor range, you would need special air handling systems.
Automated target systems for both indoor and outdoor ranges.
Lead reclamation service fees.
Commercial reloading equipment for ammo sold for range use only?
FFL?

And not just forward and reverse, but also targets that can turn for timed practice. :)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
There are numerous trainers who will appear for paid classes of a certain size. I've certainly attended a few in my day.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I wonder if the old classic guys have any children, grandchildren that dabble in exhibitions or instructing. Like Ed McGivern, Elmer Keith, Ad Topperwein, Herb Parsons, Bill Jordan, Dan Combs, Jelly Bryce and such. I believe Bart Skelton, Skeeter's son, retired from LE not too long ago.

I'm sure people such as Brian Enos, Rob Leatham, Jerry Miculek, etc. would charge a pretty hefty fee for an appearance.

Day-um! Bart has retired!? I'm definitely getting old.

AA

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
This place is about 45 minutes from me. I could ask Froelich (T-Bone Dooley) if he and another couple of guys could come over and put on about an hours exhibition.

BadlandsBar3

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Andy Stafford's Surgical Speed Shooting Course will show up just about anywhere for a group and is well worth the time and money. And he always plays "The Gringo Pistolero" at the end of the course:
surgical speed shooting - Bing video

Last edited:
Top Bottom