What's new

February 2019 Challenge: Landscape - A Tree

Landscape - A Tree = Some of the most famous landscape photos in the world feature a tree. This month it is time to draw upon all that artistry from the past and see what you can do. The challenge is simple, just shoot a landscape that features a tree as the main element. As always, have fun!

Monthly Photo Challenge Rules
◦ Winner of the previous month's challenge picks new theme and starts thread.
◦ You must be the photographer.
◦ One entry per month.
◦ Try and make the image a recent one taken specifically for this challenge.
◦ Competition runs until the 19th of the Month.
◦ Voting runs from the 20th - 26th.
◦ Voting is open to all forum members so please vote, the more voters the merrier.
◦ When voting, please clearly indicate - Voting for Post #...
◦ The person with the most votes is the winner.

I will kick it off..... Mossy Oak in New Orleans.

_DSF0778.JPG

My entry.

"Ghost Of A Fallen Warrior"

IMG_2086.jpg

This tree broke in half during hurricane Sandy.

Canon 350D modified for infrared, EF 28-105 f/3.5 MkII with 720nm filter, manual exposure, custom white balance. No processing except conversion from RAW to jpeg with ufRAW.

Very nice, I wish I could find isolated ones like that but around here you can't see the trees for the forest. :)

'Withered Dreams.' I just shot this closeup of a dead tree in my backyard from out my window a few hours ago.

Sony Cybershot DSC-H300 in Night Scene mode.

Withered Dreams.jpg

Here is my entry for the month. I left at 3:00 AM and drove for over an hour to reach this location. The temperature was -1º F and the wind was blowing about 15mph so it was really cold and my fingers kept going numb when working the camera. The final image is 7 vertical images that are stitched together to create a pano. 20mm f/1.8 lens at f/2.2, 13 sec, ISO 4000.

Final_Panorama3 copy.jpg

I cant believe I've missed another month! I REALLY need to get out of this overtime world and enjoy myself if even just a little bit!

Anyway, #3 gets it for me this month, Very Nice!

Looks like I missed the deadline too. The weather and my free time just never quite lined up, oh well lots of great shots to choose from anyway. Great entries everyone!

After much consideration my vote goes to Ninja Post #6

I have a thing for single trees, so I love all the entries :001_smile

My favourite is whitebar's pano (love those too :wink:) - post #16

Top Bottom