What's new

Razor Return Policy

Should you be able to return razors after trying them out?

• Total voters
Personally, I can't. That's what I meant. I wouldn't feel ok with this. Like I said, if I use something, it's mine. I shouldn't have bought it in the first place, if I'm not sure I like it.
That's just me. It may sounds strange, but if I'm not sure about a purchase, I won't proceed to the final checkout.
I believe most gents share the same reasoning with me and that's why the return rates are not high at all.
And I'm sure that there's a small group of consumers that all they do is trying everything, return them in due time, get their money back and that goes on. That could get businesses shut down.

Not strange at all. It's why I didn't buy a Blacklands razor even though Shane posted that in my thread.

Not strange at all. It's why I didn't buy a Blacklands razor even though Shane posted that in my thread.

See, I just don’t find that helpful to anyone. You missed out on trying a razor you might have loved and I miss out on a possible sale. We both lose even though returns are priced into the business model. I do respect and appreciate your careful consideration before purchasing because people who buy just to try and immediately return do exist. But if you’re honestly shopping for a new product you should take advantage of returns if needed. I’d much rather issue a refund than lose the chance of a sale.

I would never purchase a $200 highly subjective product that I couldn’t return. So I don’t expect my customers to either. Thankfully most razor makers seem to feel the same way.

I’m very impressed by this statement, however, I agree with Nicholas that I wouldn’t send something back to the vendor just because I don’t like it, or it isn’t what I expected. It’s seldom I impulse buy anything over $50. I tend to research rather thoroughly, finding opinions and comparisons online, and then make my decision.

That being said, for the past few weeks, I’ve been kicking around buying a high end razor. After reading the posts today, it will be a Blackland, most likely a Blackbird. Not because of the return policy, but because the excellent customer service is obvious by the companies replies in this thread, and the fact that they produce a razor they truly believe in. Being American made is a bonus.

I’m very impressed by this statement, however, I agree with Nicholas that I wouldn’t send something back to the vendor just because I don’t like it, or it isn’t what I expected. It’s seldom I impulse buy anything over $50. I tend to research rather thoroughly, finding opinions and comparisons online, and then make my decision.

That being said, for the past few weeks, I’ve been kicking around buying a high end razor. After reading the posts today, it will be a Blackland, most likely a Blackbird. Not because of the return policy, but because the excellent customer service is obvious by the companies replies in this thread, and the fact that they produce a razor they truly believe in. Being American made is a bonus.
I get that feeling too. Shane must be great to deal with.

I really can't be sure about it.

What is the luck of the returning razors? Do they clean them thoroughly and re-sell them as new? Do they give them to friends and Youtube reviewers? I think nobody can be sure about it.

Only thing I know is that if I give $200 for a razor from a vendor and not from the BST forum section, I want it new and unused. Can they (Blackland, Timeless and Oneblade for example) guarantee this?

Exactly. Unless explicitly stated by the vendor, I would assume anything full price is brand new and unused. Even if it was cleaned thoroughly, I think the buyer should still know and be made aware.

Like Nicholas I also feel iffy about sending things back.

To add, I've been reading Shane's responses, and I am impressed. I have two Blackbird's that I did not sell, they are very good razors.

I tend to research rather thoroughly, finding opinions and comparisons online, and then make my decision.

I think this is the right way to start and it usually is enough, but not always. In the car world you’ll sometimes hear that you can’t drive a spec sheet and I think that applies to razors, too. It might be absolutely perfect on paper and in reviews, but I think you’ve gotta get the blade on your face to really know.

Also, thanks for the kind words! I’m not doing anything special though. Good service is pretty standard in the machined razor world and all my competitors offer similar service. Our businesses all rely on it.

I would never purchase an item “just to try out”. With that being said, I do applaud a company that accepts returns if what you bought doesn’t work for you.

Top Bottom