What's new

Pipe PIF!

As I was going through the racks (and drawers, and boxes) to put together a roster for the latest round of clearance sales, I came across this monster, made by Mario Grandi. It's been kicking around my collection for several years, through at least two moves, and I just dont smoke it.

20190215_114107.jpg

This thing is big, and kinda heavy. The bowl is cavernous. The grain could be most charitably described as "uneven". There is a bit of darkening around the rim, and some hardened carnauba wax in the stamping that I was too lazy to remove. The stem is not a spigot - that's just a metal fitment around the shank collar and stem base.

I put this pipe in my "sell" pile, but realistically, it's probably not worth much more than it would cost me to ship it from Hawaii, so I decided not to list it. But...I don't want to be having this same dilemma the next time I decide to sell off a few pipes - it's got to go now.

So...if you want it, just say so. It is a serviceable pipe, if not the most aesthetically pleasant, so if you're looking for a big-bowled addition to expand your rotation, this could be just the ticket.

I'll leave this open for a week or so, probably pick a winner next weekend. Cheers.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Not in, but nice PIF. Smoke-ability is more important than looks, and it should serve someone well.

I'm in..

It looks pretty much like one of my father's pipe that I was unable to find.

Thanks for the gesture.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Awesome PIF! Very generic of you Price. As is, I’m not in. Best of luck and congrats to the eventual winner.

R/
Dave

I'm in please. I only have a cob and have bet wanting a briar pipe. Thanks for the chance.
Hardrock, are you a member of the stock exchange, if not join up for a buck, and then pm me your address from in the stock exchange, I can send you something.
Paul

Top Bottom