Counterfeit UpLULA Reloaders

04D4088F-F9D8-49D3-AD16-70B41CDC1DEF.jpeg
910DE9CB-0BDA-4879-9E80-8FB73E408BE3.jpeg
562220C1-BDA5-49D6-894E-E03EB9A687CA.jpeg
E936CD0B-F3C5-4AF5-8F8B-94F429268E03.jpeg
F21AB349-9981-456D-A815-19D41072B5D5.jpeg
71803465-140A-43AB-8E84-3A84ED83EB87.jpeg
43147F21-CF3C-40EB-96BD-E1A0B1CAC4E1.jpeg

Just my luck I guess. Managed to buy a fake UpLULA from Amazon. Not a re-seller but Amazon for real.
Pretty sneaky copy. Have to wonder how much other bogus stuff they are pushing. I have contacted the manufacturer to certify it is or isn’t fake but all indications are it is. (They replied...it’s counterfeit for sure)
...you would think that by now Amazon of all companies could be more in tune with selling fake goods.
Be careful out there.....

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Good. What is REALLY scary is that car and plane engine parts and prescription drugs are also being faked.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Oh, no!

Dayum; sorry that happened ... they DO NOT RESPECT intellectual property over there.

AA

EDIT: Glocks come with a much simpler mag-loading tool, and there are generic versions too that work well.

I'm getting ready to purchase one of these (from Amazon). Is there a way to tell the difference between the real one and the fake one? Just looking, I don't actually know enough to be suspicious if I receive a fake one.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I'm getting ready to purchase one of these (from Amazon). Is there a way to tell the difference between the real one and the fake one? Just looking, I don't actually know enough to be suspicious if I receive a fake one.
Unfortunately the answer (not just at Amazon but anywhere) is very often "No!" In addition, it common for the people selling the fakes to use pictures of real ones in their ads. Once it's in your hands the fit & finish as well as function will tell; but that's why you need to buy locally or get a good return policy source.

No one in my area even carries them (not much firearms stuff around here). I'll have to gamble on Amazon. I know that their return policy is pretty good.

@OldGnome
Sent pictures to the manufacturer. They confirmed the fake status and requested a return. Advised they would reimburse $45 which I used to buy a replacement from Midway USA as I was guaranteed they only sell bona fide UpLULA products.
@nortac
I’d return it.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@OldGnome
Sent pictures to the manufacturer. They confirmed the fake status and requested a return. Advised they would reimburse $45 which I used to buy a replacement from Midway USA as I was guaranteed they only sell bona fide UpLULA products.
@nortac
I’d return it.
So did you return the fake to Amazon, or send it to Uplula?

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
How did you determine it is a fake? It looks darn good.

Old Gnome
The biggest difference I see is in this picture of Acmemfg's loader that UpLULA said was a counterfeit.
562220c1-bda5-49d6-894e-e03eb9a687ca-jpeg.953163

This is the one that my husband ordered recently, for me, from MidwayUSA. Don't let the purple blind you. I thought it'd be easy to see in the bag of stuff we take to the range. :lol:

notice that the printing is different and there isn't a WWW. in front of maglula.com
IMG_0502.jpg

This one is my husband's that he bought from a local gun shop in December of last year.
IMG_0509.jpg

@nortac
Sent it to UpLULA. Figured I’d like to help get fakes like this off the market. Seems they plan on using them as court evidence.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
The biggest difference I see is in this picture of Acmemfg's loader that UpLULA said was a counterfeit.

This is the one that my husband ordered recently, for me, from MidwayUSA. Don't let the purple blind you. I thought it'd be easy to see in the bag of stuff we take to the range. :lol:

notice that the printing is different and there isn't a WWW. in front of maglula.com
View attachment 953236

This one is my husband's that he bought from a local gun shop in December of last year.
View attachment 953237

Apart from the "www", other things to notice are the commas on the counterfeit, opposed to periods on the legit ones, the counterfeit has odd word spacing ("MAG,LOADER&UNLOADER" instead of "MAG. LOADER & UNLOADER"), and the rough seam lines on the counterfeit.

It "may" be from the same "factory" just not "kosher".

This has been going on for centuries.

Somewhere I read that Roman Bronze Works NY ran their foundry at night, casting "unofficial" works by Remmington and Russell. 100 years later these "unoffical" casts are considered "from the hands of the artist" even though they were not sanctioned or known to exist the time they were produced.

There is a chance it was made from the same molds, just not "official".

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
On further inspection, I believe I have a legit Maglula Uplula. No "WWW", periods instead of comas. And the package insert says "Pistol" instead of "Ristol".

Ad Astra

The Instigator

View attachment 953236

View attachment 953237

Very useful, thanks!

AA

Top Bottom