What's new

Mild light well made razor

Is that a perfect copy of the EJ D89 ?
No, blade tabs are covered unlike the original, and it's aluminum and titanium. But it's about as mild and light as it gets. Good for travelling light.
I like this one, 70's black handled Gillette superspeed. If you're like me and you prefer something historic and iconic to something newfangled, this is the one to get. Very light, very mild, super cool. Goes well with aviator shades!
proxy.php
My father's razor, and the first I ever used. If he could read your description of his razor as "super cool", he would be laughing pretty hard.

Last edited:
No, blade tabs are covered unlike the original, and it's aluminum and titanium. But it's about as mild and light as it gets. Good for travelling light.

My father's razor, and the first I ever used. If he could read your description of his razor as "super cool", he would be laughing pretty hard.
Compared to my first razor here...yeah, super cool. I stick by it! [emoji41]
proxy.php

Modern? As in users of the razor not wearing knee britches and powdered wigs?

The Gillette Tech is what you're looking for. My last two shaves were with one and they were of the "quick, get it done and get out the door to work" variety of shave. The thing can just cruise all over my face at Ludicrous Speed with nary a nick or irritation.

Do you know of a modern, well made razor that is very light in the head and very mild at shaving.
The majority of new razors are typically twice as heavy as vintage ones, mostly due to solid handles, around 80 to 120 g. Vintage ones tend to be hollow, or thin, or aluminum. I prefer the larger diameter hollow ones.

My Canadian Pre-War Fat-Handle Tech is 48 g (1.7 oz.), which is in the ideal range for me. The head is 25 g and the handle is 23 g.
I like this one, 70's black handled Gillette superspeed. If you're like me and you prefer something historic and iconic to something newfangled, this is the one to get. Very light, very mild, super cool. Goes well with aviator shades!
proxy.php
And they seem to be easy to find at a decent price.
Mine has a mass of 45 g.

+2 Above The Tie Calypso (aluminum) M1 (mild base plate). You won’t be disappointed! (Not my pic! Credit to original photog)

F939CB23-8DB4-4BEC-9688-059C3DE99649.jpeg

Hi gents
Do you know of a modern, well made razor that is very light in the head and very mild at shaving. I am looking for a well made razor that looks good and feels good in the hand, I like both silo doors and traditional opening methods. I used a razor that cost about $2 abroad with a Wilkinson blade and had a marvellous shave. It weighed practically nothing but was such poor quality it looked like it came from within a Xmas cracker! I would like something that has been well made with a decent blemish free chrome finish etc.
Hope you can help.

Regards

It'll better if you have more specific ideas of what you're looking for.
Max total weight, mild/aggressive shave, price etc.

Thanks for the fantastic response gents. With all this knowledge out there we could achieve anything !
There’s so many great razors out there I feel some therapy coming on if I don’t get a grip here.
All the best.
London

Hi
I had a look on the net and some people are describing its mildest setting as similar to a Merkur 34c. Did you find that or is it a milder razor than the 34c in your opinion. I need something milder than the Merkur 34c.
Regards

I guess feather popular is milder than almost every other razor
Or rockwell 6c /6s on setting r1/2, should be milder too.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

The Standard has just been upgraded and is definitely worth considering. It’s really user-friendly. A more conventional but still fine choice is a Muhle or Edwin Jagger 89.

M

Member 113878

Get a Tech!
The marketplace here is a great place to grab one!

I just did a review on the Rapira Platinum Lux razor from Russia. Super duper light, pretty darn ugly, but very very cheap, the shaves I've been getting from it have been consistently superb.

Top Bottom