What's new

New here from Ohio....

Hello all,
Just started using DE razors about 3 weeks ago, used a Gillette Sensor all my life. I got tired of the expensive refills and mediocre shave so I did a little research and decided to go DE.
The first razor I picked up was a 1948-49 Gillette super speed, then a couple days later ran across a nice 1970 super speed, bought some Astra superior platinum's and a jar of Proraso.

I can't believe I waited so long, it's like I have been using a DE all my life, no nicks, no irritation, just a nice close shave! I seem to like the 70 over the 48-49 I think because the head is a bit thinner but they both do an excellent job. I think I will look at a Slim Adjustable as well. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank's

Welcome aboard!! Glad things are going well! :a14::a14::a14:

The key is to avoid getting overconfident until your technique is solid!

Welcome , from Ashtabula! I converted 4 yrs. ago and never looked back. This also means that I have tons of stuff, PM me your address if interested and I'll send you some different blades and a few soap samples .

Welcome!

Not sure where you are in OH, but living in NW Ohio, I'm about 25 mins from Maggards, in Adrian MI.
Definitely worth the trip, even if you are in Cinci or Columbus. Guard your wallet, as its truly an amazing place!!

Welcome!

Not sure where you are in OH, but living in NW Ohio, I'm about 25 mins from Maggards, in Adrian MI.
Definitely worth the trip, even if you are in Cinci or Columbus. Guard your wallet, as its truly an amazing place!!
I’m in defiance so you can’t be to far from me?

Thank's for the replies everyone. For those who were wondering, I'm live about equal distance from Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus in SW Ohio.
I have to admit something a little embarrassing, when I got my first DE razor I didn't have any proper shaving soap and I was out of the normal shave cream I had been using with my cartridge razor.
I was so excited to try out the DE that I just used my everyday bar soap to "lather" up with and to my surprise I had no issues what so ever, admittedly once I got the proper soap the shave was more enjoyable lol..

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you are off to a good start. My first wet shave was with a straight razor I picked up at an antique store, I sharpened it on 2000 grit sand paper stuck to a piece of glass. Not the best shave but it didn't scare me off.

HELLO.gif

Nice! Welcome to the forum! Just wait, you'll be using a straight razor before you know it!

Top Bottom