What's new

Barbasol Lovers Thread

Which Barbasol shaving cream do you use?

• Original

Votes: 102 54.0%
  • Arctic Chill

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Skin Conditioner

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • Soothing Aloe

Votes: 33 17.5%
  • Sensitive Skin

Votes: 21 11.1%
  • Pacific Rush

Votes: 7 3.7%
  • Mountain Blast

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
I picked up a 10 oz can of the new(?) extra moisturizing. I believe to only place selling them in Albuquerque is Walgreen's. I'm going to use it tomorrow with a new Treet black.

The new Barbasol was good the Treet not so good. Regarding the cream it seems to be a combo of the Skin Conditioner and the Sensitive with little to no scent. If you like Barbasol you'll like this.

The new Barbasol was good the Treet not so good. Regarding the cream it seems to be a combo of the Skin Conditioner and the Sensitive with little to no scent. If you like Barbasol you'll like this.
This one took the place of the yellow can- Skin conditioner with lanolin.

Barbasol has kept the same price for some time. They can't easily sell online because you can't ship pressurized containers, at least not without extra expense.

It would have been better to me if they had gradually raised the price with inflation. I hate the endless cycle of making packages smaller, raising the price, etc.

Barbasol has kept the same price for some time. They can't easily sell online because you can't ship pressurized containers, at least not without extra expense.

It would have been better to me if they had gradually raised the price with inflation. I hate the endless cycle of making packages smaller, raising the price, etc.
That seems to be the trend for everything.

After lurking around this thread for a awhile, I picked up a travel can of Sensitive and took it with me last weekend.
Paired it with a Fat Handled Tech and a Polsilver Stainless (the old one).
Not a happy shave that.
I had a difficult time guessing the amount of lather I'd need with the amount of lather in my palm and had enough for 4 or 5 other faces.
It felt much too thick to pull the razor through and sticky.
I ended up with about six little weepers and one big one.
I've grown too used to the brush and making a lather myself to be satisfied with the canned version.
But I learned what I like and why.
This little can will be PIFed one of these days.
BTW at our PX, we still have the 10 ounce cans in a 4 or 6 flavors.

I use an amount about the size of a big grape for each pass. I leave my face damp but not wet before applying. Too much water kills the suds.

You can't send pressurized cans through the mail.

the supermarket where I found the 100th anniversary cans restocked their shelf with 10 oz cans last month after the anniversary cans were gone. But i spotted the first 7 oz cans at a Rite Aid pharmacy earlier today, original and (green) soothing aloe. :detective:

Last edited:
After lurking around this thread for a awhile, I picked up a travel can of Sensitive and took it with me last weekend.
Paired it with a Fat Handled Tech and a Polsilver Stainless (the old one).
Not a happy shave that.
I had a difficult time guessing the amount of lather I'd need with the amount of lather in my palm and had enough for 4 or 5 other faces.
It felt much too thick to pull the razor through and sticky.
I ended up with about six little weepers and one big one.
I've grown too used to the brush and making a lather myself to be satisfied with the canned version.
But I learned what I like and why.
This little can will be PIFed one of these days.
BTW at our PX, we still have the 10 ounce cans in a 4 or 6 flavors.

You must add water before/during the shave. It is a must. Leaving it on is what most folks do for atleast 1-2 minutes and/or reapplying. I noticed I got irritation because I had a lack of water. And the guy said above, too much water kills the suds.

My dollar general sells Barbasol Original, Pacific, and Aloe for $1.25 each for the 10oz can. It's a good shave for when I only want to shave a beard line and under my nose and I don't want to have to dry my brush.

Top Bottom