What's new

What are you listening to?

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Michael Schenker Fest is playing the Danforth Music Hall in Toronto May, 7, reserve seating which is a drag, i go to general admission shows, anyway... good range of tickets still available.

The Danforth Music Hall

dave

Thanks for the info, I'll pass it around. I used to go to the El Mocambo through the 90's quite a bit. That was always a great place.

The top of today’s playlist...

proxy.php

Old Gnome

The soundtrack of the 2010 version of True Grit. Now thinking about requesting the original gospel songs as music for my funeral.

No particular reasons to be making funeral plans other than getting old.

Mexican Moon by Concrete Blonde

Jonestown, doesn't have the creepy beginning of the album track to set the tone but still a great track...

....................dave

After Russian Doll, the Netflix series, used the Love Forever Changes version at the end of the last episode of the first season, I have been listening to lots of versions of Bryan MacLean's "Alone Again Or." Truly wonderful song. Sad backstory for Bryan MacLean. Such a waste not to have him a bigger force in the public eye. For that matter, sad that Love wasn't at the end of the day. This is probably my favorite version:
I have a Love's Greatest Hits cd, but was never that big into the band. I really like this version.

Going through the ENTIRE commercial releases of The Who during my commute, plus a few bootlegs. Still amazed at how they pushed the envelope from the 60's into the 70's. The Young Vic performances, that were released as bonus tracks to Who's Next are particularly outstanding.

I have a Love's Greatest Hits cd, but was never that big into the band. I really like this version.
Hard to imagine what would be on a Love greatest hits album! They did not have any conventional "hits" other than Little Red Book. The quavering quality of MacLean's voice on this version really sells the song to me. Such longing and hurt in it. Whereas the original Love version seems to have a more sarcastic, hard edge. Sort of "people are the greatest fun," except for "you my dear."

Hard to imagine what would be on a Love greatest hits album! They did not have any conventional "hits" other than Little Red Book. The quavering quality of MacLean's voice on this version really sells the song to me. Such longing and hurt in it. Whereas the original Love version seems to have a more sarcastic, hard edge. Sort of "people are the greatest fun," except for "you my dear."
pretty sure it was this one
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Love/dp...8?keywords=love&qid=1551132923&s=music&sr=1-8

Thanks, I tried to find it on Amazon and did not manage to do so on my own. 22 cuts. Pretty good coverage. One could quibble that the whole of Forever Changes could go on there. Brain MacLean singing Hey Joe before Hendrix did it. She Comes in Colors. 7 and 7. To me excellent, seminal stuff. The bass on the remastered versions of these songs seems excellent.

I like Billie Holiday late at night after everyone else has gone to bed, so soothing, her voice and delivery melt away all the day's issues.
dave

Top Bottom