What's new

Free Badger Shave Brush Lather & Wood

Me too...refund in under an hour. I only have two brushes, both silvertip badger, but of the less expensive variety. I'm curious to find out what this "scritch" is that I see mentioned from time to time.

Alright I ordered mine and sent the info for the rebate. If I get scammed I’m personally blaming all of you whom I considered trustworthy comrades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brush showed up today!

how does it look and feel, what are your first impressions?

i saw a few posts mentioning paypal refunds, is that the only way to buy it? or can you just do a regular amazon order with a credit card? the link from the original post is still working, i'd like a little more info before i give them my email.

how does it look and feel, what are your first impressions?

i saw a few posts mentioning paypal refunds, is that the only way to buy it? or can you just do a regular amazon order with a credit card?

You can do a regular amazon order but the refund is through PayPal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first new badger.
this one is a bit stinky. I lathered and rinsed a few times before using still stinky. Smelled much worse than new boars I have broken in. It didn’t have plush feel of better badger brushes. Also wet it looked like a wet dog. Losing much of its volume. It did feel stiffer to face than better badger brushes. I imagine the brush will get less smelly in time. It lathered up well on cella, pears, even Williams and finally test shave with simpsons. My Re knoted badger performs better but for free dollars I can’t complain. Would I buy at @$26.99 ? The verdict is still out but I prolly would be inclined to buy decent knot and redo a older handle before buying this. I’m going to give it a few more runs.

My first new badger.
this one is a bit stinky. I lathered and rinsed a few times before using still stinky. Smelled much worse than new boars I have broken in. It didn’t have plush feel of better badger brushes. Also wet it looked like a wet dog. Losing much of its volume. It did feel stiffer to face than better badger brushes. I imagine the brush will get less smelly in time. It lathered up well on cella, pears, even Williams and finally test shave with simpsons. My Re knoted badger performs better but for free dollars I can’t complain. Would I buy at @$26.99 ? The verdict is still out but I prolly would be inclined to buy decent knot and redo a older handle before buying this. I’m going to give it a few more runs.

I still haven't used it yet but I agree with your assessment. I let it soak overnight a couple times after lathering it up with some Col Conk Amber soap. After drying for ~24 hours it smells quite a bit better after getting it wet so I'll repeat the process once more before using it for an actual shave. I do like the size of the handle. Hard to beat free.

My first new badger.

This, except I didn't notice any smell. I like both of the badger brushes I own, and they weren't terribly expensive, about $50.00 each. This one, however, feels limp and bedraggled when I use it, not much backbone to speak of. I also noticed the scritchiness others have mentioned, though it didn't bother me much. Mostly, it just felt like a limp, hairy, dishrag. On the other hand, it lathered up well, and did it's job, so I guess I don't really need to complain. I'll probably use it for travel so that if I leave it behind in a hotel room I won't feel bad.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for sharing, I still have a little time to think about it. I wonder how long it would take to get to Australia?

I placed an order following the email instructions. I'm sure it's an okay brush. For free...why not.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Update - I just got the refund.

Is this something that should be posted in the newbie forum, or is that a faux pas? Might be nice for guys like be trying to build their den.

I'm always a little skeptical about things like this, but with enough people stating its legitimacy I figured I'd try. I've only been DE shaving about 2 months and have a horsehair and Omego S synthetic; I've been thinking about trying badger but thought it would be a ways off . . . until this. Like the guy above me said, "Free is free."

Sure enough, I got my rebate and shipping was free.

I posted about this in the “ Shaving Brushes” section. Did in fact get the refund and the brush. Seems nice enough. But....well that’s all on the other post.

Top Bottom