What's new

A Small Brush is Not Just for Travel Anymore

Really liking my Wee Scot. Got it for travel but the more I test with it the more impressed I get. Wouldn't hurt my feelings to use it daily. Then again, i have larger brushes for that.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I have a little 20mm German made boar brush that might be as old as I am.

Left, Maggard 22mm synthetic. Center the German boar. Right Omega 10005.

IMG_2940.jpg

IMG_2941.jpg

Its tiny and very....robust. It has enough backbone to hurt someone lol. If it splayed like a badger and didnt have so much backbone, it might be pretty good.

I’ve got a Wee Scott that lives in a small carry on kit. It’s ok for a weekend, but it’s just barely big enough for me to do the job, and I’d never daily with it.

I’ve got an Omega mixed midget that packs almost as small, and performs much better and more comfortably in hand.

I’ve got a Whipped Dog 20/45mm that was my big kit traveler that I haven’t used in years.

That’s the extend of my small collection.

I steamed it out. Took about 15 minutes or so but very clean removal and the knot could've been used in something else if I'd wanted to transplant it, but I was removing it because I didn't care for it.

Thanks. If you could be more specific about such a method, or refer me to a link dealing with the subject, I'd appreciate it.

I’ve got a Wee Scott that lives in a small carry on kit. It’s ok for a weekend, but it’s just barely big enough for me to do the job, and I’d never daily with it.

I’ve got an Omega mixed midget that packs almost as small, and performs much better and more comfortably in hand.

I’ve got a Whipped Dog 20/45mm that was my big kit traveler that I haven’t used in years.

That’s the extend of my small collection.

Not familiar with Whipped Dog.
The Wee Scott and small Omegas are interesting to me. I use my Omega Pro regularly. Looking at the smaller Simpsons.

I finished the brush.
A96A1164-6C68-48CA-93AE-48DBBC6676D2.jpeg

Here it is compared to a couple of other barber handled brushes.

0CFD5ED5-A8A8-47E4-87FA-F88710C585AD.jpeg

C57F7685-1CCE-4FC5-B571-178B0992B5B4.jpeg

This little guy is awesome!

Why are not more of us using the Omega Badger/Boar 11047? Why do we think small is only right for travel? This brush provides as much later making as my humongous PAA Atomic Rocket.
I bought an 11047 for travel about 4 years so, but liked the knot so much I use it much more at home. Used it yesterday in fact. I really don't care for the handle though. The girth is OK, but it's too stubby. I'll eventually add about 1/2" to 3/4" by gluing on an acrylic piece. Same thing will be done to my Omega Bambino, another small brush you should consider.

I bought an 11047 for travel about 4 years so, but liked the knot so much I use it much more at home. Used it yesterday in fact. I really don't care for the handle though. The girth is OK, but it's too stubby. I'll eventually add about 1/2" to 3/4" by gluing on an acrylic piece. Same thing will be done to my Omega Bambino, another small brush you should consider.
Thanks for the recommendation. How does the stiffness hold up?

Top Bottom