What's new

New Kimber Micro 9

Just got back from the local gun store picking up my Micro 9 (Woodland Night). I was not expecting it for another week or so but was doing some work when I got the call. I dropped what I was doing and sped to the LGS. The first impression is that this is a solid gun. According to the paperwork that came with the gun, Kimber fired 3 magazines of Buffalo Cartridge 124gr and 1 magazine of Hornady XTP 124g through it. The feed ramp is nice and shiny (perhaps polished). I know that these small guns have hard springs, but this is considerably easier to rack than the Solo. The magazine release is also a LOT easier than the Solo. I'll get it to the range Friday to see how well it shoots. The Woodland Night color scheme doesn't seem to be very popular, but I like it.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I'm a long time Kimber owner so I take the stories with a grain of salt. I'm pretty sure that on my next range trip that I will be smiling. If not, I trust Kimber to make it right.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Oh that looks nice.

I, too am looking forward to a range report...after you get the warning labels off it. ;)

I have a tendency to like dark-colored guns. My Compact CDP II was 2 tone when I bought it. I had it cerakoted all black with dark grips on it. I like it better that way.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I have a tendency to like dark-colored guns. My Compact CDP II was 2 tone when I bought it. I had it cerakoted all black with dark grips on it. I like it better that way.

+1 I'd take a chrome or stainless non finished gun if it was given to me, but I also prefer dark finished guns myself. The grey panels do contrast against the dark frame and slide quite nicely I have to say.

Kimber decided that the grip bushing on the Solo was not repairable (a very minor thing) and decided that I really needed a new gun. The laser has adjustments for windage and elevation. Very small hex screws on the top and side. They include the tool to make adjustments. I have never had a gun with laser grips on it. I think I like them!

Top Bottom