What's new

The Speakeasy Acquisitions - 2019

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
A bottle of Balblair 05

20190118_090218.jpg

The 2018 1792 got some high marks from World Whiskies Awards. The Full Strength won Best Kentucky Bourbon while the run of the mill stuff won Bronze. The judges claim independence. I have only tried the regular strength and was surprised at how good it is. Picked up a gift set of Four Roses Yellow Label left over from Xmas for $22 yesterday. I'll use it for Old Fashioneds.

The 2018 1792 got some high marks from World Whiskies Awards. The Full Strength won Best Kentucky Bourbon while the run of the mill stuff won Bronze. The judges claim independence. I have only tried the regular strength and was surprised at how good it is. Picked up a gift set of Four Roses Yellow Label left over from Xmas for $22 yesterday. I'll use it for Old Fashioneds.
Nice. [emoji1360]

46E92422-5128-4E37-BEAB-A81EDF32D8AD.jpeg
Found a bottle of BT, too. The Eagle Rare goes to my son-in-law. The LBV is for me, too! Glad I popped in for a browse!

BFE4FCE5-A24A-469B-A1A7-2F6F53C870A5.jpeg
And a bottle of Dolin Sweet Vermouth. Needed to restock for Manhattan’s. Disappointed I couldn’t find Sazerac Rye for less, but Bulleit will do. The Colonel EH Taylor small batch was an added bonus.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Monkey Shoulder. A good blended whiskey IMO. But as it's a blend of three single malts and nothing else, so it is no wonder why.

20190308_161712.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I am normally a mixer with whiskey but I have tried to cut back and just have the whiskey by itself. Some are far smoother than others. I have always been a cheap whiskey buyer then mix it with coke but I should buy a decent whiskey, sip and enjoy it.

Top Bottom