What's new

What are the chances?

I received a used shaving soap, seasoned with some bits of hair. Maybe it's a new trend?:001_huh:
Not sure how thread worthy it is, the experience itself is very weird and I just wanted to share. Never happened to me before. Got it from a pretty known vendor.
Has anything like this happened to any of you guys before?
IMG_20190211_223005.jpg
IMG_20190211_223124.jpg

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Looks like brush hairs to me. If I sell/PIF a used soap, I make sure to give it a good rinse under hot water to remove any goop on top and make it look clean and presentable.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I've seen brush bristles before from a BST buy but from a vendor? Nah, that ain't right.

BTW, that's one ugly puck ... or mass. :blink:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I'm assuming it is via a BST-type purchase, Doug. Otherwise the title should be "Does this look like a new soap to you?" :tongue_sm

That's something that I wouldn't give or sell. I might give it to a friend if he saw it
and wanted it but that there is a mess. Kind of hard to understand a vendor or
anyone that hard up to make a few bucks to offer that up without a full disclaimer of some sort.

I'm thinking someone was in a hurry and accidentally put someone's personal used soap in your box. Might have been one they pulled for testing and for mixed up with the newer batches.

Like others here

That dosent look right. It's been used and I would notify the vendor that it was purchased from and show them this picture and ask for an exchange.

Something in that condition should not be past along to anyone.
Very poor manners and business sense on the vendor side I'm afraid.
Disgusting.

Generally, vendors do not allow the return of shaving soaps, brushes, etc. for hygienic reasons. I wonder if this was a soap that they reviewed in-house and it got mixed up with new inventory. Very strange. I have never even seen a used puck look like that.

Top Bottom