What's new

Martin de Candre Soaps on eBay

A rather prolific seller of wet shaving gear is now offering MdC at a very good price with free shipping in the USA. I have way too much soap right now, but I thought you guys might want to know.

Cheers!

A rather prolific seller of wet shaving gear is now offering MdC at a very good price with free shipping in the USA. I have way too much soap right now, but I thought you guys might want to know.

Cheers!
I saw that actually; just a note though to those looking that the listings for $36 are for 50g of soap that look like they’re sold in a generic PTEF container (not a full soap in the MDC packaging).
There do appear to be full soaps listed at $60, which I guess is probably cheaper than regular price with shipping from MdC

I saw that actually; just a note though to those looking that the listings for $36 are for 50g of soap that look like they’re sold in a generic PTEF container (not a full soap in the MDC packaging).
There do appear to be full soaps listed at $60, which I guess is probably cheaper than regular price with shipping from MdC
I haven't put my hands on the smaller sized jar, but the 50g option is an official MdC product. Ounce for ounce, it's a pretty poor deal, but it puts people into MdC for significantly less than the 200g tub. I imagine that the 50g might be a decent option for someone who has never used MdC and just wants to get their toes wet without going all-in.
Top of the Chain now carries both sizes as well, but depending on how much one purchases, shipping charges might still be an issue.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu

Last time I ordered two jars from MdC the price was $48 each including shipping (and they threw in a nice bar of soap). That $96 bill was about 18 months ago.

Last time I ordered two jars from MdC the price was $48 each including shipping (and they threw in a nice bar of soap). That $96 bill was about 18 months ago.
I just checked the MdC site, and two tubs of Fougere would set me back about $115. Only one tub would actually cost more than the $60 being asked for by the eBay seller. All in all, the $60 option is looking like a pretty good deal!

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I just checked the MdC site, and two tubs of Fougere would set me back about $115. Only one tub would actually cost more than the $60 being asked for by the eBay seller. All in all, the $60 option is looking like a pretty good deal!

I should have added that I use the unscented. It's now $48.56 before shipping. I should have purchased 4 last time.

Well thanks to this thread I jumped on the last jar of the Fougere. I've been wanting to try MDC for years, and somehow never got around to it.

Just search for it on fleabay. I bought a 200 gm rose for $60 with free shipping.

Edited to add: LoL, I didn't see my post above that I wouldn't buy because I have so many but I couldn't resist the rose scent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom