What's new

Discounted ammo online?

Do any of you good folks have recommendations for where to purchase discounted ammo online? After about a ten year hiatus, I’ve started shooting more regularly again. I have plenty of .40 S&W and .45 acp, but I’m in need of some reliable and inexpensive 9mm. The online landscape has changed significantly since the last time I bought ammo in bulk.

Reloading isn’t currently an option - I gave all my equipment to my daughter, who lives several states away. I suspect the cost savings for 9mm would be minimal anyway.

So, any recs for a dependable discount source would be much appreciated.

Greg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Just google cheap ammo online' and you will get a page full of websites for cheap ammo with free shipping. I like to buy from local brick & mortar's like army surplus, flea market's, and pawn shops, which also double as gun and ammo sales shops, for some of the best bulk prices, before I look online.

I have gotten to the point where I do most of my shopping on line. The only places in town are a wal mart and an Atwoods( (big box farm supply) and one local hardware store. They only carry the more popular calibers so do not interest me too much. I generally go for some of the old classic calibers such as 6.5x55 7x57, 45-70, 38-55, 32-20 , .375 H&H, and 7.5 Swiss. Ask for one of those and they look like the deer in the headlights. Back when .22LR was hard to get, I found a deal on Geco, made by RUAG in Germany, and bought two cases.

Before they went out of business I purchased two rifles from a nearby Gander mountain, a .375 H&H and a little 32-20 Marlin. They did not nor ever had any ammo in that caliber. I did find some .375 at Academy on sale and wiped them out. I have had some luck finding 6.5 Grendel there, and will check on line prices before buying there. Gander has reopened as Gander Outdoors, but I have not had a chance to check them out.

Those brick and mortar places that might have what I want are about 35 miles one way, so it pays me to find good deals on line and save my time and miles on the truck.

^^^

You're welcome. Reliable, fast shipping. Sam will generally send you weekly e-mails with some pretty good deals, if you've signed up for his newsletter.

Don

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
^^^

You're welcome. Reliable, fast shipping. Sam will generally send you weekly e-mails with some pretty good deals, if you've signed up for his newsletter.

Don
Looks like I've found a great place for .357 or .38 in bulk. Thank you my friend.

I really miss online shopping, saves you money and time, but sadly not only can we not order online in Calif. now, we are subject to arrest with severe penalties if we even buy next door in Nevada and bring the ammo back....
ammo.JPG

In the past, I would always carefully shop around and use the ammo availability trackers. Nearly every time the cheapest place (after shipping) was from Target Sports USA. Now I just go there first and save myself some time. If you buy 1000 rounds at a time, the shipping is free.

I really miss online shopping, saves you money and time, but sadly not only can we not order online in Calif. now, we are subject to arrest with severe penalties if we even buy next door in Nevada and bring the ammo back....View attachment 951847

There's an easy solution. Instead of having the ammo shipped to you, have yourself shipped to the ammo. Plenty of space in Texas...

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
There's an easy solution. Instead of having the ammo shipped to you, have yourself shipped to the ammo. Plenty of space in Texas...

Here, here! I second that suggestion.

I usually look at one of these type sites, or just go to SGAmmo, J&G, or Sportsman's Guide. There are several sites like this, although I don't have a 9mm.

GunBot 9mm pistol ammo

Factory ammo prices in Canada are creating a whole bunch of new handloaders. .45acp factory is almost $1 a shot with taxes.
22lr is still over $40 a brick. My LGS (local gun store) carries just about any caliber you can think of at prices that can sometimes bring tears to your eyes. Supply issues aren't as much of a problem right now.
In my opinion there will be panic buying fueled by political rhetoric before the 2020 US election, that will again drive prices up and affect availability. If you need ammo, now is a good time to buy it cheap and stack it deep.

"...buy it cheap and stack it deep." I like that, these are words to live by, and not just for ammo.

You can compare prices at a number of sellers at gunbot.net. If course, reloading your used brass will save you a lot of money and give you another hobby to love.

Top Bottom