What's new

The Captain 's north

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Hi all. I haven't seen any love for the north aftershave by captain 's choice. Ive been using it on and off for a few weeks now. Out of the bottle it smelled like regular bay rum. I was like meh. However once applied it smells nothing like bay rum at all. I cant describe it really but there is a pine scent there. Its absolutely wonderful for winter. I never get compliments in the household for aftershave. With north every time i use it i get compliments on it. I added some menthol to it. However this is a great unique scent. Would love to hear some feedback from the community.cheers.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Oh yes it's a different product but to me even now when i sniff from the bottle i get bay rum i don't know why but when i put it on its definitely not and such a great scent. Pine berry woods ...not overpowering.

First time out with North, I thought "Gin!" The juniper was unmistakable.

I like the properties of all the Captain's aftershaves, but to my not-so-good sniffer, the Lime didn;t come across as that limey. I am looking forward to trying the Venture.

I quite like North. I've had the aftershave for a while and just got the cream.

First time out with North, I thought "Gin!" The juniper was unmistakable.

I like the properties of all the Captain's aftershaves, but to my not-so-good sniffer, the Lime didn;t come across as that limey. I am looking forward to trying the Venture.

Venture was an instant winner for me. Fantastic scent.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Cc lime is more bay rum than lime for me too. I usually use that in summer.
Im also using cc sandalwood this winter.
Venture is a hit with me also. The a/s isn't as long lasting as the bay rums or north. But its so crisp and clean.
My top two right now
1. 45th parallel
2. North
Although i have all of the flavors now. Simply cant go wrong.

I probably use CC aftershaves 90% of the time. Been using CC aftershaves since 2011 when his BR contained pure grain alcohol & rum. I still have half a bottle of that early version left and have been thru several bottles of newer versions since. North is also one of my favorites, along with Co9T & Lime. I'm on my second or third bottle of North a/s. I just used it this morning after shaving with Stirling Ozark Mtn soap, a nice combo by the way. I have North soap, but went with Ozark today before I saw this thread.

Hi all. I haven't seen any love for the north aftershave by captain 's choice. Ive been using it on and off for a few weeks now. Out of the bottle it smelled like regular bay rum. I was like meh. However once applied it smells nothing like bay rum at all. I cant describe it really but there is a pine scent there. Its absolutely wonderful for winter. I never get compliments in the household for aftershave. With north every time i use it i get compliments on it. I added some menthol to it. However this is a great unique scent. Would love to hear some feedback from the community.cheers.

Do you know if there are any similar traits to Pinaud's Gent's Gin?

I probably use CC aftershaves 90% of the time. Been using CC aftershaves since 2011 when his BR contained pure grain alcohol & rum. I still have half a bottle of that early version left and have been thru several bottles of newer versions since. North is also one of my favorites, along with Co9T & Lime. I'm on my second or third bottle of North a/s. I just used it this morning after shaving with Stirling Ozark Mtn soap, a nice combo by the way. I have North soap, but went with Ozark today before I saw this thread.

Don’t mean to disrupt the thread but I’m curious as to the burn level of Co9T AS? I have experience with lime and venture in the Captains line and expect it to have more heat than those based on the description.

A comparison for the burn level I was looking to make was Co9T vs. Stirling Bay Rum. I find that one to have a nice, strong sting, more than the others in the Stirling line.

Don’t mean to disrupt the thread but I’m curious as to the burn level of Co9T AS?

It's not a sting, it's a warming. It initially feels like any other CC aftershave, then it gets warm and warmer and just when you think it's going to go too far, it backs off and settles down. Great stuff.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
It's not a sting, it's a warming. It initially feels like any other CC aftershave, then it gets warm and warmer and just when you think it's going to go too far, it backs off and settles down. Great stuff.
I agree with @njpaddy
Heat much more than sting
I add menthol to all my cc aftershave except co9

I need to try North. I love the Sandalwood and Venture scents.

With the Co9T, I usually don't like cloves with most bay runs, but the warming and the dry down are a really interesting experience that takes it in a different direction for me.

Top Bottom