What's new

Timah's journey into the shave world

proxy.php

Just quietly, I’m really starting to enjoy playing around with these photos prior to posting.

Anyway, I’ve been using a razor and blade combination for a week, which has been quite enjoyable. Well I’ve actually been trying to use the same blade across each razor (new blade each week though). I think I’ll keep that up for a bit.

Every time I use my 6c, I wonder whether I should save up for a 6s. It really is a brilliant razor. I love the game changers, but this one just seems so well rounded. And then I also think about a Karve. I’ll keep thinking a bit longer I guess.

I’m hoping to have a little package arrive tomorrow- a Yaqi moka Synthetic and the new DLC classic razor with SS handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

A couple of photos of some recent shaves. The whole tapatalk bug has made a bit of a backlog.

I’ve also got a few more Face Fat soaps incoming - Green Fougere and Minted Lime.

I’m considering polishing one of my Game Changer heads - not sure if anyone has any suggestions?

proxy.php

Last nights shave. Feel like I finally had a good result with the moka brush. It’s smaller than what if usually use, but I finally got a great lather out of it. Really needed to load it though.

I’m really starting to see results using the GC68. It’s taken some time, and is possibly also due to paying attention to my technique more, but it really is a great razor. It’s a shame they aren’t in production.

Hi all,

First thread, please be gentle :D

For many years I've been a habitual non-shaver. I'd run the trimmer over once every-other week, and maybe shave for special occasions...maybe.

Anyway, as part of coming out of the stage of infant and toddler mayhem I'm committing myself to being much better at self-care - diet, exercise and grooming.

To that end, I've indulged a long held desire to straight shave, and 'asked' for a shavette kit to start me off (by 'asked' I do mean I ordered and put the wife's name on the card).

Anyway, I'm starting off with the 'Bluebeard's Revenge' shavette kit.

It certainly is a change to be 'regularly' shaving, I'm sure I've shaved more in the first 10 days of this year than I did all last year.

I'm getting to learn the techniques and reading through the forums has helped already - I never would have thought there'd be so much variance to blade brands and their results!

I've ordered tonight a sample blade pack, as well as a different type of shave cream (Proraso white) and will slowly ease myself into a year of better grooming!

As for me, I'm an Aussie, 34, married with three kids (5 y/o daughter and twin almost 2y/o boys).

Look forward to getting stuck in!

Tim

As we continue...I hope someone is finding this interesting!

Feather blade with the proraso white.

There’s plenty of hype through the forum for the feather blade. I really enjoyed using it. It’s definitely provided one of my better shaves. I’ll need to go back and compare to the Astra blade, which has also been one of my better shaves.

I’m still working on perfecting my lather. I made it ‘thinner’ than normal and it seemed to work well. Perhaps I need to do that with the bluebeards? Not sure.

I’ve got both the proraso green and red incoming. Will try those too. I’m hoping the red works out based on what I’ve been reading.

I’m nearly at the end of my first month wet shaving with the shavette. I’m really enjoying it - the prep, the care and the results. I feel like I’m getting a better result than what I had from my local barbershop. Which is a positive!

Let's just say its been very entertaining and amusing. You're doing good, great in fact.

Just to give you an idea of how long a shaving thread can last... This is 338 pages n going n going like a never ending story lol!
Damn Comfortable Shave

Keep it up!

Mawashi

Let's just say its been very entertaining and amusing. You're doing good, great in fact.

Just to give you an idea of how long a shaving thread can last... This is 338 pages n going n going like a never ending story lol!
Damn Comfortable Shave

Keep it up!

Mawashi

Thank you for taking the time to read the story of my little hobby. I do appreciate that.

proxy.php

Tonight’s shave, albeit a quick one. I really wanted to try out this new soap and I wasn’t disappointed. Just a single pass though, it’s later than I’d like and I want to do a full shave on Saturday morning before my twins 3rd birthday party.

The feather/GC84 combo seems pretty good, might give it another go for Saturday’s shave.

proxy.php

Wowee - what a scent! Really enjoyed this mornings shave. I should use this brush more - it’s starting to break in nicely.
I haven’t used feathers in a long time but they do seem to work well in the GameChanger.

proxy.php

Just a quick single pass shave tonight. I really wanted to try out the last of the new soaps I received, but I was also mindful that I don’t normally shave daily and didn’t want to go too hard on my face. It did get me thinking though, I wonder how I’d go with a daily single pass shave? Might be something to try out this week.

proxy.php

Tonight’s shave, albeit a quick one. I really wanted to try out this new soap and I wasn’t disappointed. Just a single pass though, it’s later than I’d like and I want to do a full shave on Saturday morning before my twins 3rd birthday party.

The feather/GC84 combo seems pretty good, might give it another go for Saturday’s shave.

I wish I could get as good a shave as you with my GC84 but its a tad too aggressive for me and only astra SP made it reasonably usable.

Cheers and happy shaves.

Mawashi

I wish I could get as good a shave as you with my GC84 but its a tad too aggressive for me and only astra SP made it reasonably usable.

Cheers and happy shaves.

Mawashi

It’s certainly a solid razor. Paired with the Astra is does make a great combo.
I find both the GC’s very good - I think I prefer the 68 though.

It’s certainly a solid razor. Paired with the Astra is does make a great combo.
I find both the GC’s very good - I think I prefer the 68 though.

I wished I could have tried the 69 but its a rare bird nowadays. Besides, I'm really enjoying my shaves with my English Techs, Slims, Rockets and Karve to really miss my GC lol!

I wished I could have tried the 69 but its a rare bird nowadays. Besides, I'm really enjoying my shaves with my English Techs, Slims, Rockets and Karve to really miss my GC lol!

Indeed. A Karve is still on my list, as well as some type of adjustable.

Love my karve but I wish I could keep it looking shiny and it starts to get a bit old having to polish it every weekend... sigh.

Just checking in again. It’s been a few weeks.

proxy.php

I’d been using the shavette for a few weeks as I started on holidays. Just single passes but it was nice to use. Tonight was the first DE shave for a while.

I’ve been thinking about my software for a few weeks and as a result bought the matching splashes to go with my APR Florian and Bombora soaps. I never really considered myself a big aftershave user but I’ve enjoyed Fougere Trois so much I’ll give them a go. What I’m also thinking is that I’ll look to buy sets more - I’m enjoying having a variety of scents to choose from more and more.

The hunt for favored scents is always so fun! Glad you’ve found a couple more!

Cheers mate. Yeah it’s nice to have good smelling things back in my life. I spent a few years not really bothering to care about appearance so it is making for a nice change.

Just checking in again. It’s been a few weeks.

proxy.php

I’d been using the shavette for a few weeks as I started on holidays. Just single passes but it was nice to use. Tonight was the first DE shave for a while.

I’ve been thinking about my software for a few weeks and as a result bought the matching splashes to go with my APR Florian and Bombora soaps. I never really considered myself a big aftershave user but I’ve enjoyed Fougere Trois so much I’ll give them a go. What I’m also thinking is that I’ll look to buy sets more - I’m enjoying having a variety of scents to choose from more and more.

Lucky you, I've exactly 3 kinds of soap, Stinko Arko, Pungent Proraso and Almondy TFS, that's it... Sob

Lucky you, I've exactly 3 kinds of soap, Stinko Arko, Pungent Proraso and Almondy TFS, that's it... Sob

I started with the three Proraso soaps and a tub of Bluebeards Revenge cream. It’s taken me 16 months to start building a collection.
Where are you based?

Top Bottom