What's new

Beer of the Day - BOTD - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've waited, impatiently but mostly hopefully, for New Glarus to return this seasonal release to market...

Technically, I think Cabin Fever is a helles or Maibock lager. Crisp, fresh and clean up front, with a solid malt body combined with a lingering honey finish. In bottles or cans, an amazing drink. Stocked up pretty good on this one.

Don

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Up in Anchorage, this Cherry Grand Cru is obscenely good.

20190118_133306.jpg

Up in Anchorage, this Cherry Grand Cru is obscenely good.

Looks nice. Reminds me of why I use a glass so often; appearance of the beer is part of the fun!

I was waffling tonight; do I finish my last Xocoveza for Rick, or choose something else?.....

This is actually an old standby, part of my introduction to craft beers. I can see where people consider it a little too sweet, but you have to return to your roots every once in a while. When I get the 'ole stinkeye from the wife, I tell her it's organic... it's gotta be good for me! I'm thinking of blending it with Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout to cut the sweetness:thumbsup:.

Don

Last edited:
Haven’t had one of those in a little while, but Organic Chocolate Stout is fine by me! I admit I avoided it initially, thinking it would be too sweet, but I really enjoyed it, and we had some in the beer fridge for quite awhile.

Looks nice. Reminds me of why I use a glass so often; appearance of the beer is part of the fun!

I was waffling tonight; do I finish my last Xocoveza for Rick, or choose something else?.....

This is actually an old standby, part of my introduction to craft beers. I can see where people consider it a little too sweet, but you have to return to your roots every once in a while. When I get the 'ole stinkeye from the wife, I tell her it's organic... it's gotta be good for me! I'm thinking of blending it with Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout to cut the sweetness:thumbsup:.

Don
I had one of these this weekend too! It is sweet, not a daily drinker but its enjoyable for the end of the night.

I don't usually drink weissbier in winter. But my local wine/beer store was going out of business.

Bready yeasty nose. Sweet malty taste. Rather low carbonation. One of my favorites when I don't want hops.
proxy.php

Doppelbock from Bent Paddle, Duluth MN.

Described as "a meal in a glass" by the folks at Bent Paddle... a bit of a stretch... but its rich, malty goodness is undeniable. A nice one.

Don

Creature Comforts double Koko Buni on draft
Minimal head. Dark with reddish tone. Low carbonation. Roasted malt on the nose. Very thick mouth feel. Smooth. Sweet. Dark chocolate. Vanilla. Hint of coconut. Long lasting bitternes.

Yummy.
proxy.php

3 Sheeps Cashmere Hammer nitro rye stout. I haven't had one for years; I remember liking it better back then. Now I get a bitterness I don't really care for. It gets pretty high ratings on Rate Beer.

Don

A wonderful beer week. On Thursday, had Hopslam on draft. On Friday, bought a whole six-pack.
Try to find this double IPA if at all possible. To my taste, it's even better that 2018. Just a touch of bitterness. Beautifully aromatic, citrucy, herbaly on the nose. Huge cloud for a head. Moderate carbonation. Wild honey aftertaste that last for eternity.
:thumbup:

99BC7E37-F2A9-4460-ACA4-529534CCE059.jpeg
Didn’t know it came in cans until I saw it here. Glad to have found it last evening. One per winter keeps it new and exciting! Found Organic Chocolate Stout, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom