What's new

Palmolive first time

Palmolive shaving cream can be confusing, but it is still widely available in Europe and the Mediterranean.
Packaging varies wildly; Green in Germany/Austria is the regular cream and the menthol version is not avilable.
In Italy green packaging denotes the menthol version and the regular cream comes in maroon packaging.
In North Africa, Indian-made Palmolive shaving cream is sold in white, multi-color packaging.

You really need to read the label to determine whether you are buying the regular, menthol, or the lime shaving cream that also may be available in some markets.

B.
I guess if the formula is the same all is well. I have been playing with Mitchell's Wool-Fat for the past few shaves so I don't plan to get back to the Palmolive for a month. I think Lea is ahead as well so maybe month and half. Thanks for the info.

Over here colours for creams are; green is classic, light green to almost white is sensitive and blue is cool.
And of course label says; classic, sensitive or cool. Cool is the cheapest one. I think it's 8.5 HRK (1.2€/1.4$). Soap is green (the same as cream). But canned foams have italian packaging, red for classic and green for menthol.
And 7$ for palmolive? :blink:

Last edited:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I’ve been putting a dollop of Palmolive on my Williams. I felt like I was cheating on the purity of. a Williams shave but the combo was just too good to stop. I am a soap adulterer now and have to learn live with it.

I’ve been putting a dollop of Palmolive on my Williams. I felt like I was cheating on the purity of. a Williams shave but the combo was just too good to stop. I am a soap adulterer now and have to learn live with it.
I might give that a try. I mixed a puck of williams with a puck of col conk lime. Very slippery..your face will remain slippery even after rinsing after the first pass. Its crazy.

M

Member 113878

I don't think Palmolive is available in Canada but it's an excellent cream. I have both the Classic and Menthol variants as well as the stick.
You can get it from Fendrihan and also Topofthechain.
Maybe others, I didn’t check further.

Top Bottom