What's new

Timor and Bolzano

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
Timor vs Bolzano.
I am wondering how these two blades compare. Which is better? Anyone has some experience with these?

Timor vs Bolzano.
I am wondering how these two blades compare. Which is better? Anyone has some experience with these?
If Timor is the same as "Merkur" (which I have heard it is), I found it a bit tuggy. Not a whole lot of edge there. I believe they are also branded as Van der Hagen in the states. They're a lot of money for not a lot of edge.

The Bolzano I have not yet tried. I have one in my blade box, I just keep forgetting about it.

I’ve used, and enjoyed both over the last few weeks. I think I’d prefer the Bolzano, but both worked well for me across a few different razors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Timor blades are, according to their representative, made in-house. Merkurs on the other hands by Medina Solingen, if I'm not mistaken. Bolzanos are made by Feintechnik. None of those have a good reputation, especially because they are stamped with quite a high price.

Timor blades are, according to their representative, made in-house. Merkurs on the other hands by Medina Solingen, if I'm not mistaken. Bolzanos are made by Feintechnik. None of those have a good reputation, especially because they are stamped with quite a high price.

I can't speak to Timor or Merkur. I've not tried either blade because they are prohibitively expensive.
I love Bolzanos though, and I would challenge the assertion that they do not have a good reputation. It might be more accurate to say that they are a love-them-or-hate-them kind of blade. I find them to be a bit rough on the first pass, after which they settle in for a long stretch of smooth, close shaves.
Also, my last purchase of 100 at razorbladesclub dot com set me back $17 -- not at all what I would call pricey for a premium blade, which is how they perform for me.

But that's just me. Give them a try and share your impressions. I have seen from some of your other posts that you're a fan of Polsilvers, so I would appreciate your take on how Bolzanos compare -- they are similar for me. Give them a couple shaves to smooth out before drawing any conclusions. I'm guessing that some of the negative reviews come from guys who try it once and toss it.

Last edited:
I can't speak to Timor or Merkur. I've not tried either blade because they are prohibitively expensive.
I love Bolzanos though, and I would challenge the assertion that they do not have a good reputation. It might be more accurate to say that they are a love-them-or-hate-them kind of blade. I find them to be a bit rough on the first pass, after which they settle in for a long stretch of smooth, close shaves.
Also, my last purchase of 100 at razorbladesclub dot com set me back $17 -- not at all what I would call pricey for a premium blade, which is how they perform for me.

But that's just me. Give them a try and share your impressions. I have seen from some of your other posts that you're a fan of Polsilvers, so I would appreciate your take on how Bolzanos compare -- they are similar for me. Give them a couple shaves to smooth out before drawing any conclusions. I'm guessing that some of the negative reviews come from guys who try it once and toss it.

Well, as far as Bolzano goes, I mostly had experience with lukewarm reviews, but coincidence has it that I'm waiting for a pack of Bolzanos in my mail any day now :)

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I have only used the Bolzano blades but I would happily buy 100 of them. Works great for me.

Top Bottom